I want

Lisa never thought she could run this quick. She legit ran from the middle of the class leaving everyone quite shocked.

She ran out of the school and saw Jisoo, Irene, Seulgi and Wendy walking quickly to the parking lot.

“They got the message too…” Lisa mumbled as she ran quickly to the parking lot following the others.

“Jisoo unnie?” Lisa called.

All of them turned around and glanced Lisa. Their eyes were different, it was sad and teary…

“Lisa…” Irene came closer and hugged the latter.

Lisa forced a chuckle, “Why are you already crying? We haven't even met Jennie yet.”

Wendy was biting her upper lips and Seulgi was just trying not to cry while Jisoo looked like a mess already.

“She’s….”

Lisa cut off Jisoo, “We'll be late. Let's go.”

Lisa walked to her own car and drove away quickly. Jisoo sighed and gestured the others to come to the car too and soon they were in the road too.

Lisa breathed heavily while waiting for the lights to turn green. She tried to calm her mind and heart.

“Don't cry, idiot. It's not the time to cry.” Lisa said to herself while wiping her incoming tears quickly.

The lights turned green and she sped up the car in the direction of the Hospital were Jennie was admitted.

~~

“How are you feeling?” Nayeon asked.

Jennie chuckled while keeping  her eyes focused in the book she was holding, “Dumb question, unnie…you already know how I am feeling.”

Nayeon gave her a light smile, “I wanted to hear it from you.”

“Well…I feel like I will die any moment…” Jennie mumbled trying to hold her tears.

Nayeon patted her shoulders, “You still got time.”

Jennie just sniffed and nodded trying to focus on the book. But her attention was caught by a cheerful voice,

“My niniiiii”

Jennie chuckled while hearing it and looked up to see her Lisa in the door with a huge smile.

“My Liceeeee”

Jennie said unintentionally releasing her aegyo. Oh, how Lisa Manoban brought this side of her.

Nayeon smiled and turned towards Lisa, “I see that you got my message of Jennie being admitted here.”

Lisa bowed down and nodded, “Thanks for the information.”

“Well, we're here too.”
Jisoo said while coming inside the room with Irene, Seulgi and a crying Wendy.

Jennie smiled at them, she genuinely felt happy despite the big pain in her heart.

“Wendy, stop crying for god sake.” Jennie chuckled as she watched Wendy sobbing.

“You just look so beautiful…”Wendy sobbed more. Seulgi had to calm her down.

“Admit it, Jennie is always beautiful.” Lisa said while walking towards Jennie and giving her a peck on the lips.

Jisoo covered her eyes, “My innocent eyes.”

“Shut your stupid act, dramatic queen” Irene nudged Jisoo.

“What?I'm not acting. I'm innocent than you.” Jisoo rolls her eyes.

Jennie watched her friends and questioned, “By the way, shouldn't you guys be in the school right now?”

Lisa chuckled, “Schools are for amateurs.”

“And you are one of them, idiot.” Jennie muttered pinching Lisa’s hand.

Jisoo laughed, “Well, Nayeon unnie just had to send us the message during our class…we skipped it and came to see you…we thought…”

“I'm fine, I just got admitted. I'm not dead yet. You should have not skipped it for me.” Jennie said.

Lisa held her hand and gave it a squeeze, “You're important to us than the class, you know it.”

“Tell me that when you pass your history exam.” Jennie joked around.

Lisa pouted as she sucked at History class and vice versa.

“Guys, I'm fine. You can go back and visit me after school.” Jennie told them.

Seulgi sighed, “Nope, it's maths class next and I hate it, so I'll just stay here today.”

Wendy was completely fine now as she said, “Me too….I always ace my exams so I can stay here.”

Irene scoffed, “Ace, my ass…you almost failed in science.”

Wendy smirked, “That's why it's  ‘almost’…I didn't fail it though, did I? I'm way too smart.”

Irene muttered, “Shut up…”

Jisoo sighed, “Well, I'm going to go back. Jennie needs rest too and our bickering isn't helping it.”

Jisoo waves at Jennie and walks out. Wendy sighs and quickly hugs Jennie promising to visit her later and walks out of the room, Irene following her.

Seulgi looked Lisa, “You coming or not?”

Lisa didn't want to leave Jennie and go back. She hated returning to school, she wanted to be with Jennie right now.

“I'm coming...” Lisa muttered.

“Seulgi, you can go. Lisa is staying with me today. I need someone to keep me company.” Jennie said with a smile.

“Lisa can return back to school and I can give you company. I'll make it fun for you. Lisa needs to study.” Seulgi smirked waiting for a funny reaction.

Jennie shook her head, “Lisa Manoban for the win…I want hers attention and company.”

Seulgi replied a slow ‘fine’ and walked out of the room, leaving Jennie, Nayeon and Lisa.

Nayeon excused herself too, “I'm going back to my office. If there's any problem, click this button. You understood right?”

Lisa nodded her head while memorizing what the other had said.

Soon, Nayeon was out of the room, leaving the two lovers in their own state.

Jennie patted beside her, “Sit beside me”

Lisa, without hesitation sat beside Jennie, snuggling close to her.

“What are you reading anyway?” Lisa asked as Jennie starts to read the book.

“Nothing special…Nayeon unnie gave me books to kill time.” Jennie chuckled.

Lisa nods and lays her head on Jennie’s shoulders. They sit there for a while with complete silence.

“I was scared…” Lisa finally breaks the thin ice surrounding the cabin.

Jennie doesn't say anything as she keeps the book down in her lap and holds Lisa's hands.

“Scaredy cat,” Jennie chuckled.

“Aren't you scared?” Lisa asked while putting her arms around Jennie and pulling her closer to her chest.

Jennie smiled, “Scared of death? No…but scared of losing you all.”

Lisa kissed her forehead, “My strong baby.”

“Not baby, wife!!” Jennie argued back showing the ring on her finger.

“Wifey!” Lisa said while showering her with kisses.

Jennie laughed while holding Lisa tighter. Her heart was beating quicker and the butterflies…it just couldn't stop.

“Before meeting you….” Jennie mustered up the courage to speak her heart out.

Lisa patiently waited to listen to her.

“Before meeting you…I had no desire to live because I knew my time was up, but after meeting you….everything changed.” Jennie’s tears started to fall one by one.

Lisa hugged her closer. Jennie finally cried as she said the other words,

“Lisa…I want to live…I want to be with you….Just…hold me please.” Jennie wailed as she hugged Lisa tighter suffocating  her but Lisa didn't mind. She didn't mind it at all….if only she could always stay like this with Jennie, if only.

“I'm always here, Jennie. Always.” Lisa rubbed.

After crying for an intense half an hour, Jennie was laying on Lisa’s chest while Lisa was playing with her hair.

“I'm sleepy…” Jennie said weakly as she closes her eyes.

A fear ignited on Lisa's heart. She didn't want Jennie to close her eyes…she was afraid.

She calls out, “Jen, jen”

Jennie hummed, “Hmm?”

“Don't close your eyes…I'm afraid….not yet…please.” Lisa literally begged.

Jennie giggled as she opened her eyes and faced Lisa. She traced her fingers on Lisa’s cheek and jaw and whispered slowly,

“Just do it Lisa…I don't want you to see me fall in deep sleep.”
“I don't want you to see me die.”

Lisa didn't want to do it…but she closes her eyes for Jennie…for her nini…for her everything.

“I love you”

Lisa said on the dreadful silence.

Jennie looks Lisa one more time and kisses her cheeks softly yet endearingly. She closes her eyes too, with a tear escaping her eyes,

“I love you too”