Chapter 24

Alright guys, last chapter. I'm hoping to wrap up any unanswered questions and all of my character's stories. I hate cliffhangers myself, so I will not be leaving it at one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I finish out my first day of actually talking in school, I sit back down at our table and think about what Hunter said earlier. Why wouldn't he want me to date Brady or Jacob? It's not like I'm going to but it's also not like he should tell me what to do. The more I think about it, the angrier I become. He has no right to tell me what to do after bullying me for a straight two years.

After fuming for a few minutes, I ultimately decide to confront him about it. I promised myself that I wasn't going to talk to him, but I feel too angry right now. I feel like I really need an explanation for his surprising outburst. I fall out of my trance to see Jacob walking towards the table. As I stand up quickly, his eyes grow wide and an uncertain expression land on his face. Obviously feeling confused, he just decides to sign as he walks towards me.

"What was that?" he asks, the confusion leaving and amusement now shows. I roll my eyes before lifting my own hands to speak.

"I need your help," I demand just as he reaches me. He hesitantly nods and I take his hand to drag him to the gym. If I know Hunter, he'll be doing practice right now. Jacob reluctantly allows me to drag him but asks questions with his free hand the entire way.

Once me make it to the doors, I see Hunter immediately. He talks and laughs with his friends and I reluctantly decide to walk towards him with fake confidence. Some of his friends see me and hit him in the arm to point me out. Once Hunter finally sees me, he says something and his friends start walking away.

I let Jacob figure out what to do as I start signing. "Why did you tell me not to date Hunter or Brady?" I ask quickly and Jacob takes a second to comprehend. He finally has an aha moment and translates. Once finished speaking, Jacob also looks to Hunter with a puzzled expression.

Hunter immediately becomes awkward, grabbing his arm and sucking his head between his shoulders. His mouth finally starts moving and I watch Jacob sign. "I don't know, they're just not your type," he says.

"That is such crap!" I sign with big gestures, as if yelling at him. I push him in the chest and he stumbles backward from the sudden outburst.

"Fine! They're just not good enough for you, okay?!" he yells. Jacob signs quickly before becoming looking puzzled again.

"What do you mean?" Jacob asks before I can.

"I'm just saying that you need someone who will do anything to protect you, anything to make you smile, and anything to make you happy," he says calmly. "Not someone who runs off the second you start to speak again... and not someone you barely know. You always told me that I'd you were to date someone, you wanted to know them first in case they're some psycho," he finishes.

"How do you even know that I stopped talking to her after she talked?" Jacob asks him.

"One of my friends saw the whole thing unravel. They were going to spread a rumor about it but I stopped them," he says, looking down and avoiding eye contact.

"Aw, my hero," I sarcastically comment before walking away. Jacob catches up and walks with me out of there and Hunter and I never speak again. He tries throughout the rest of our high school years, but I just ignore him. I can't forgive him for what he's done. It's not like me ignoring him ruins his life. In fact, he ends up getting a basketball scholarship to the state school.

I continue back towards our table with Jacob beside me and see my best friends sitting there.

So, it turns out I have an admirer! Cameron writes. I sit down and immediately ask who, to which she tells me some guy in her Biology class. Yup! Date this Saturday, ughh!!! She writes and we all start giggling. Jacob rolls his eyes and looks over to Brady, who has recently sat down.

Cameron actually ends up going to an out of state school for the arts with this guy and they date through college. However, he starts to hurt her and she runs away back home. She ends up staying with my new family and me for a few months before finding her own place and we talk and visit each other constantly. She ends up reconnecting with Brady and they end up dating for a while before finally getting married.

You know, I think I might have a crush... Megan shows us her board and we go crazy. Even Brady and Jacob start asking and Megan is reluctant to say. She finally writes it down and shows us some guy's name to which I have no idea who he is. Cameron and Jacob do and they end up saying that him and Meg would be an adorable couple. Megan never ends up going out with the guy but she does blossom in college. The two of us go to a nearby community college for a couple years before attending the same state school.

Megan becomes much more outgoing, and becomes a nurse because she loves helping people. She dates a lot of guys in college, but she never finds that perfect fit. She does stay home for the rest of her life, and even though she doesn't have a husband, she does adopt a deaf little boy. As his official god aunt, I take care of him while she works overnight shifts and needs me for emergencies.

We continue to talk for about an hour before we all end up going home and I get a text from Jacob later that night. Don't worry about Hunter, he's an idiot. I read. I smile to myself and text him back to which we have a very long conversation.

Jacob actually ends up dating a girl a few weeks later and ends up marrying her. The two of them travel around the country for joy as she's actually rich. Every time he's home, about every three months, we all get together and have dinner at usually my place. His wife is amazing and she even learned how to sign for Brady and me because she realized how important it was to Jacob.

I finally go to bed and lay down, hoping not to have any bad dreams tonight. These dreams actually end up happening throughout the rest of my life, and my new husband helps me through it. I never date anyone in high school, but I do find my dream guy in college. He's also deaf and he ends up asking me out to which I reluctantly agree. Him and I end up having three wonderful kids, two of them being deaf and I love them all so much.

I end up working from home as I become an artist who reveals what life is like from a deaf person's point of view, and therefore am able to take care of Megan's child all the time. We all end up really happy in our own lives, which many more bumps in the road.

We always make time for each other as we become a group of five close-knit best friends and nothing breaks that bond.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright, guys. That's it. I really hope I answered any questions that there could have been and I feel as though there was absolutely no cliffhanger. If there are any questions left unanswered, just comment or message me, and I'll be more gab happy to answer them.

I love all of the support that you all have shown me throughout this book. I am sorry that the updates took so long, and I am thankful to those of you who have stayed with me to the end.

❤️❤️❤️