Heart to Heart

Zarya is in the bridge cabin with the door locked while Kasey is sailing the ship. She does something rare and breaks down in tears. She never thought that Kitty would abandon them. Even though Kitty knows that all of them could handle themselves she believed that they were stronger together.

There is a knock on the door.

"Go away!" Zarya responds to the knock.

"Z, it's me. Please let me come in," Piper's voice comes through the door.

"Come in," Zarya unlocks the door.

"Z, are you okay?" Piper walks in and sits next to her.

"I'm fine, my best friend ditched me and griffin snatched my griffin," Zarya's voice is very sarcastic.

"Look, I can't stay long. I just came in so you don't take your anger out on other people."

"What makes you think I'm angry when I am balling my eyes out."

"Zarya, when you're sad you tend not to realize your tone and Arkayna wants to talk to you so I came in first so you guys don't get into an argument. We can't have anymore drama than the evil we have to face right now."

"Your right, but why does Arkayna want to talk to me?"

"Because she actually cares. Please listen to her," Piper begs.

"Fine, give me a few to compose myself."

"Thank you," Piper says walking out onto the deck of the ship.

A few moments later there is another knock on the door.

"Sis, it's me. Can I come in?"

Zarya finishes one last sniffle before allowing Arkayna's request.

Arkayna sits next to Zarya.

"Are you ok?"

"I'll survive."

"Look, I was talking to Em and she made a point. Family don't always get along but they always need to be there when another member is having trouble. Tell me what is going on."

"I am having trouble accepting everything that is going on. Kitty was like a sister to me, that is until we found out we were twins. I thought Neeka was completely healed. I just can't accept everything, can't believe the events, don't want to accept that Kitty betrayed me, betrayed us."

"I'm sorry," Arkayna puts her arm around Zarya to comfort her.

Zarya accepts her sister's embrace and burrows into her shoulder, something she hasn't done before. Shocked, Arkayna doesn't know what to do.

"Does this mean you forgive me?"

"Yes, besides Em is right, family needs to be there for each other. Truthfully everyone is right, a good leader looks at everything. I just don't understand why Mathis is on our side and Kitty left us."

"You know when my mom," Arkayna starts.

"You mean OUR mom?" Zarya looks at her sister.

"Right, when our mom was still here she told me something when I was betrayed by my best friend. This was before Em, she was an elf, her name was Jaela, she was the first Griffin Wrangler."

"What did our mom say?"

"It's easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend," Arkayna quotes the queen.

"That is wise, but I don't know if I can forgive or even trust Mathis."

"If he betrays us I will let you shoot him with the Dragon Staff and then I will get him with the arrows."

"Deal."

There is a knock on the door.

"Yes?" Arkayna responds to the action.

"Are you guys done? Kasey needs us."

"We'll be right out," Zarya responds.

"We good?"

"Yea, we are good," Zarya hugs her sister.

Both walk out and see the Pink Skulls fighting off the spectral hand while Mathis is against his sister.

"You and Em deal with the creepers, Piper and I will deal with Rovira."

"You got it," Arkayna lets down her guard and listens to Zarya.

"Striker, lets go!" Zarya calls to her now second oldest friend.

"On it," Piper acrobats over to where Zarya and Mathis are.

Piper throws her hoops and Zarya aims her staff at Rovira.

"You can't defeat us!" Rovira yells.

"We can try," Zarya responds confidently.

After realizing that Arkayna, Em, and the Pink Skulls completely won and there were no more Shadow Soldiers Rovira tries to make more. Zarya gives one last shot while Rovira is distracted and the shot makes her fall.

"This isn't over Mysticons," Rovira says as she falls before flying away.

"Good work guys," Zarya announces.

"Great plan Dragon Mage," Arkayna says to her sister.

"Now let's get some sleep. The spectral hand is going to come back," Zarya says.