Day 3

Arkayna walks into the main room of the stronghold where Em and Piper are eating.

"You look awful," Piper says.

"I couldn't get any sleep last night. The riddle kept me up. Where is Zarya?"

"She's still asleep," Em answers.

"It's 10 in the morning," Arkayna responds.

"Zarya is a late sleeper," Piper says.

"Well, she needs to change that."

"Who needs to change what?" Zarya asks walking into the room.

"You need to wake up earlier, a princess needs to be up and ready by 8AM," Arkayna lectures.

"Don't tell me what to do Princess," Zarya responds.

"Both of you stop it, you have to figure out the riddle so you can change back," Em stops the fighting.

"She's right, I'm sorry Sis," Arkayna says to her twin.

"Maybe you guys should go to the Undercity as civilians and see what you can change," Doug suggests as he reads a book.

"How did you come up with that?" Arkayna asks.

"The Codex holds all the past riddles given to the Mysticons."

"And how did that help you?" Zarya asks.

"When I reread things they become clearer," Doug says with the open book in his lap.

"When you live the life of two, you see what is true," Zarya says the first part the riddle from yesterday.

"You know, I think the first part is for Zarya," Em says.

They all look at her because she said herself that she isn't good at riddles.

"What?" Em asks.

"You figured out the riddle," Piper says.

"I have my moments."

"But you're right, the first part was for me because I always bashed on Arkayna. Saying that she had everything handed to her when that wasn't the case."

"Then that means the second half was for me, when the right choices are made the legacy will not fade," Arkayna says.

"What does that mean?"

"Neeka," Arkayna whispers to herself.

"Who?" Em asks.

"Neeka, she is Neeko's little sister. She got hit by a car but doesn't have the money to see a doctor," Zarya explains.

"So maybe we need to help those who are less fortunate than us," Arkayna says.

"But how are you going to do that? Gawayne is king and has a selfish attitude," Em says.

"I have an idea, when I had to watch him while you guys were looking for the lost scepter I learned that he looked up to our stepfather."

"So?" Piper says.

"We can tell him that our stepdad would help the citizens of the Undercity."

"Exactly," Zarya says to her sister.

"Then what are you waiting for? Go," Doug says, "There's no time to waste. The book says that the longer you stay like this the closer you are to changing permanently," Doug closes the codex.

"Let's go," Zarya says to her sister.

Arkayna and Zarya rush out of the stronghold and head towards the Undercity to see what devastation they can change.

"Ya know, until Piper asked Malveron to cast that spell I didn't realize how tough you had it. I mean with having to steal from big shots just to feed yourselves, and you didn't even eat any of it," Arkayna says.

"Yea, and having to deal with Gawayne that morning made me realize how tough you had it. But then again we have it now."

"So, where should we start?"

"Let's check in on Neeko and the kids first."