Mike Request

For 1-800-LILLIA

Leia and Mike held hands as they walked through the woods. The wind whipped through the trees with the rain hot on its heels. It wildly rustled the leaves and blew underneath everyone's hoods, making it pointless to keep them on. It was freezing and it was likely they'd all be sick for the rest of the week of they kept going.

"Will?" Mike called out for what seemed like the hundredth time.

"Mike, maybe we should turn back!" Dustin yelled over the high wind and sound of tree branches smacking together.
There was a sudden rustle of leaves as Lucas was saying something and Mike interrupted.

"What was that?"
Everyone went quiet and listened.

There was a snap of twigs again from their side. They all gasped and turned, earning a small noise from the figure that stood before them. All flashlights were pointed towards it, getting them a look at all its features.

It was a boy. Or was a girl? Dressed in what looked an old hospital gown, white with a basic pattern, covered in dirt from head to toe, completely barefoot, and a shaved head. There was complete silence as they stared in bewilderment and curiosity. Maybe a bit of fear as well until Mike spoke up.

"That's not Will."

~~~~~~~~~~

"You're freaking her out!" Mike shouted.

"She's freaking me out!"

The boys were arguing over this girl, a complete stranger sitting on the couch in their basement. Mike had one of his jackets draped over her, the rainwater coating her skin soaking almost straight through it.

"She's just cold, and scared."

"Well, she should be," retorted Lucas.

Dustin was standing in the back with Leia. Almost like the third and fourth wheels of the party. It just wasn't the same without Will.

"Leia, can you get some clothes from that basket for me?" Mike asked.
She quietly complied and handed the clothes to him. It was a regular navy sweatshirt and grey sweatpants. They would be kind of big on her. But then again she was significantly shorter and smaller statured than him. A strange feeling loomed over her. A feeling of loneliness, determination, hope, and a hint of something else that was vague. It loomed over the room like an aura, humid and suffocating.

She stood up and put both hands on the edge of her gown and started to pull up. Apparently this girl didn't know anything about modesty.

All the boys started to freak out and turned away. Most of their words consisted of "oh my god." Especially Dustin who said it at least six times.

Mike pointed to the bathroom door.
"Over there, that's the bathroom. Privacy. Understand?"

She nodded and walked over while Mike followed. As she went in she was about to shut the door when she blocked it with her hand.

"No."

"No?"

"No."

A silence filled the room as he thought of another idea.

"How about we keep it," he said as he was closing the door and she stretched out her hand, "just like this." It was open by almost an inch so a little bit of the room could be seen.

"Is that better?"

"Yes."

Part 2 on its way.