Lost and found

The guy who saved me didn't continue following, I really don't know where he went or where I'm going now I kind of wish I 'd stayed to talk to him instead of dripping in the rain clutching my jacket around me. Sitting on a park bench near a vendor I check my pockets to make sure my ID and money is there, its weird to think an hour ago I ran away, now I'm here looking a mess and my shoe is missing!

"Hey can I get a soda and a bag of chips." I ask the vendor shivering in the wind. "Here you go..and your soda had a rough night?" He asks furrowing his eyebrows together. "Yea some guy beat me in the alleyway." I say undetached to the whole situation, no sense crying over spilled milk. "You want me to call the cops?" "No no no! Whatever you do don't call the cops!" I beg my heart racing I know he wants to help but if he calls the cops they'll run my information and realize I'm a runaway.

"Do you have anywhere to stay?" Such a concerned old man you gotta love it, twisting the cap off of the soda I take a gulp shaking my head no. "I'll make a deal with you, stay with me tonight until you figure out what your plans are." He doesn't seem like a creep and I could really use a place to sleep, I mean I'll be out of his way in the morning. "Um I'm not sure." "Look I know it seems strange but you're so young and hurt, I just want to help." He says a caring fatherly tone to his voice. "M'kay b-but no funny business." Crossing his heart a contagious smile crossing his lips. "Promise love, here I'm leaving now hop in."

Nice place I tell him plopping on the couch in his living room, the side table holds a picture of a little boy in a football uniform kneeling for the photo. "Cute kid." He turns around from digging in a linen closet, "Who that? Yea that's my Grandson he's much older now and much more powerful." He swells with pride placing the covers over me patting my head. "What do you mean powerful?" "Mm perhaps I've said too much." He mumbles that smile still on his face. "Don't you worry your pretty little head love." "Try to get some shut eye okay." Yawning, he shuffles down the hallway leaving me in the dark of the living room staring at the ceiling listening to the thunderstorm rage outside.

~HIS POV~

All night I toss and turn thinking of what happened to that Nadia Lopez, I have to find her but I don't even know where to start looking. My train of thought is interrupted when my phone rings "Who calls this early in the morning?" I grumble blinking my eyes clearing my vision,"Grandpa Diego? I hope he's okay." "Is everything alright?" "I'm fine grandson but I do have a visitor i'd like you to check out."

"Rogue?"

"Noo she's beautiful, beaten, and wonderful company."

She? Could this be Nadia, well she was easy to find my good samaritan grandfather could coax a lion in his house I tell ya.

"I'll be over in a few."

"Take your time son I don't think she's going anywhere."

♪NADIA POV♪

"Take your time son I don't thinks she's going anywhere." Over hearing his conversation sends me in a panic unwrapping myself from the covers quietly I make a mad dash to his front door leaving silently like a thief through the night. "Sorry old man." Keeping an eye on his door I speed walk away careful as to not wake up any of his neighbors I run right into strong arms that wrap around me tightly making me squeak. "Hey easy there girl you in a hurry or some- its you!" Kissing my cheek holding my face he breathes my scent in making me shiver. "Wh-what are you doing get off get off of me!" I shriek smacking his hands off of my face. "STAND STILL." He growls making me freeze up instantly. How did he know where to find me I thought the rain would mask my scent but I geuss I was wrong unless. "Your the little boy in the picture?" I whisper, his head snaps those big brown eyes staring intently into mine a crooked smile gracing his firm lips. "Mhm grandpa must've been bragging huh?" "Maybe a little bit." He chuckles shaking his head, grabbing my hand leading me back to the old mans' apartment. "Yep that sounds like him-here's your shoe by the way- I hope he didn't bore you to death." My shoe! Yay. "Nah he's a very kind man I enjoy his company...but he did mention that your very powerful?" Slowing down to stop in front of the door he furrows his eyebrows looking exactly like his grandfather that crooked smile appearing on his face. "Yea well not to brag or anything but you could say." "So what do you do exactly?" Opening the door ushering me in he calls to Mr. Diego pointing for me to take a seat on the couch...back to square one.

"Grandpa diego do you know who this is?" "Nope can't say that I do? Why is something wrong?" He says Leaning back in his chair. "Nadia do you know who I am?" How does he know my name? Shaking my head slowly. "I'm Angel darling and from the looks of things you seem to be lost." "I'm not lost." "Then what are you doing here?" "Angel have you lost your marbles she's obviously a runaway." "I know grandpa, I geuss my question is what are you running from?" Fidgeting with the pillow sitting in my lap their eyes waiting for my response. "Problems at home." "Oh...thats, well that's just sad love stay as long as you want." "Actually she can come live with me." Angel grabs my hand patting it gently never looking away from me. "You guys are too kind but I don't think I should stay with either of you." "Why not." They say in unison genuinely concerned, angel more than Mr. Diego. Why does he care so much we just met?

Aw man! What the heck is my excuse going to be. "Tell you what darling come hang at the pack house for a few days and you can leave when you get back on your feet." Can you say deja vu, I giggle nodding yes. "Good girl c'mon thanks grandpa I can take her from here." "Take care of her now, I can tell she's a keeper."

"I know." He says looking down at me, is that love or lust? I think I'm gonna be sick.