With me

*Get ready to pay up loser, here it...is?* *Ha like I said no shack sorry baby you're stuck with me now.* This can't be! It was right here we talked and cooked and everything was right here! Turning my nose to the ground the only scent I pick up is of previous animals who have come and gone but none even the hint of the old man. *race you back home.* He says tugging on my ear in the direction we sprinted from. * you don't believe me do you?* *I can over look this darlin', you just wanted to see me naked which is fine I'm flattered.* Rolling my eyes sitting down on my hindlegs I pound the soft mud with my paw. *I'm serious Angel I know what I saw.* *No you saw what you wanted to see there's nothing out here except us.* He puts his nose to mine lifting it from the forest floor lickong my cheek in the process. *You're it.* Racing off ahead of me we bustle through the underbrush taking turns being in the lead ultimately of course he wins.

"You cheated!" "Did not you sore loser." He retorts standing on the porch in all his glory. Let me tell ya there is a lot of glory to be standing in, his body is perfect in every sense

of the word. Nice firm pecks, a beautifully sculpted six pack with the dips on his hips leading down to his, oh my. Look away look away!

"See anything you like?" He asks standing infront of me his warm breath tickling my face as he strokes my lower back. Selfconciously I fold my arms over my chest turning to the side so he doesn't see me. "Don't. Hide from me, you're beautiful." He takes my hands gently pulling them away from my chest leading us up stairs to his room. My heart pumps to a panic everything in me going to a frenzy except for my wolf of course, she wants to take him now. 'Not today you don't' I scold myself. "We don't have to if you're not ready." He says stretching over the bed, where the hell am I going to lay? "I'm so glad you said that whoo I dodged a bullet." Sighing in relief I dress myself in a tshirt from one of his dresser drawers. "You look so good I could eat you up." He says seductively dvancing on me closing the distance between us, backing me to the door. "The feelings mutual." I say standing on my tiptoes to reach his lips. Stepping away from I stand there dazed and wanting him more than ever. "I have take a shower." "Sorry."

"Don't apologize darlin' if you're not ready then you're not ready." "Go take your shower." I pout crawling under the covers. "You sure?" He says stretching taunting me.

"Positive."

"Okay suit yourself." The minute I hear the shower start I slam myself against the many pillows burying my face in them to muffle my scream. I am such an idiot! There is absolutely nothing holding me back and my dumbass just has to choke. Kicking and thrashing around wildly the pressure on the bed shifts until his lips touch the back of neck sending a tingle up and down my spine. "Still debating with yourself huh?".

"Am not I was just uh." "Look I know what I saw in the that forest and old man Diego was there!" Sitting up

quickly looking at him expectantly hoping that he does know what I'm talking about,that quirky smile slides

across his lips.

"I will believe anything you want be to believe if that will make you happy but darlin' no one else lives around-. "Alpha we have visitors." Nathan announces. "Who?"

"Didn't you say that our uh Luna is a runaway?"

"Yea what about it?"

Shifting from his left foot to his right foot making him look like a child in trouble Nathan says something I never would have expected. "Alpha Leon has sent a message, brought in the hands of Candy. My heart sinks to the pit of my stomach, Angel pulls me into his embrace but all the comforting words I should hear

sound far off in the distance.

~Angel~

The look of terror on Nadia's face makes me want to protect her that much more. I knew she ran away due to family issues but there are somethings you can just tell lie deeper than your average issues with this lady Candy. I tightly wrap my arms around her telling her how I'll protect her against anything but I know it's a wasted effort, all my sound encouragement goes to deaf ears. "Nathan did you tell her that we have Nadia?" "No sir I honestly don't think she has caught her sent all I know is she is doing a thorough sweep of all in the state and since we're the last one I doubt she'll pay close attention." Relaxing a tad bit nodding

my head in approval of my beta's knowledge I wave him off. "Let her do her job and tell Karina to come

here."

"Yes alpha?"

"Hide Nadia until she leaves."

"Really, why?"

"This is not the time for insubordination do what I say and we'll have a pack meeting later." I tell her in a commanding voice. I never accused Karina of being the nicest but she does work hard.

"Angel please don't leave me if she finds me you don't know what she is capable of the lady is a real evil bitch." she clings to me pleading, seeing her on the edge of terror makes me want to settle a score with this Candy. She obviously has done more to Nadia than any of us know, that might include her father.

"Before I go to greet her tell me something." Her lips pursed she waits impatiently for my question moving

her hands in a hurried motion. "What ever she's done to you...does Alpha Leon know?"

"He couldn't I mean I don't think so because if he did I'm sure she would be dead by now."

"This just gets crazier and crazier I don't have time for you to tell me the whole story right now bu-"

"I didn't mean to bring this on you I was just trying to get away."

"Shh, it'll be okay just go with Karina and we'll get this all figured when I get rid of Candy."

Kissing her forehead she leaps from the bed wiping tears from her eyes they leave for what feels like might be a long time even though I know they'll be out in the forest running around.

I take my time putting on proper clothing of a plaid shirt and faded blue jeans, descending the flight of steps I see the creature that has hurt my mate. Just thinking of the endless possibilities of what she might've done sets me on edge.

"Wow they weren't lying when they said you were attractive." She says trying to be kind but failing.

"Do what you came to do then leave." Giving her the cold shoulder she stomps away two guards with her sniffing and searching for anything remotely close to her scent. *How far away are you guys?* I ask Karina through our mindlink while keeping a watchful eye on Candy and her minions. *Far enough.* *Good she

should be done here soon.*

Candy's phone goes off, she motions with her hand a halt to her men a menacing smile painting her crusted lipsticked lips. "Okay thanks for the heads up..yep...yep we're on our way."

Oh no, like being on a rollercoaster my stomach hits the floor, my mind feels hazy and my hands clam up when she says. "You're all clear Angel we have a sighting maybe 30 miles west of here."