3: Care (Edited)

This chapter has been grammatically and punctually edited. Please kindly comment any mistakes you find.

Dr. Shi's eagerness to get started kind of scared me. How good of a doctor is she, anyway?

She laid the chair Percy was in down, and I held his hand for reassurance. He had to take his shirt off (I almost turned around) and Dr. Shi asked me to exit the room. Perfect. I looked at all the tech inside, certain she was going to perform an ultra-sound and/or an x-ray. I sighed, pecking Percy on the lips, and letting go of his hand.

I waited out the door for a solid twenty minutes. Then, miraculously, the door opened, and out came Percy. Following behind him was Dr. Shi, who we followed down long halls to the waiting room. We sat and waited for results.

"How did it go?" I ask Percy, staring at our intertwined hands.

He shrugged, "Okay, I guess."

I rubbed his arm, "It'll be all right. Just take care of yourself, okay? I'm not always with you."

"I know."

"I know you know." But that doesn't scare me any less.

After what felt like forever, Dr. Shi sat in front of us, ignoring the people waiting behind her.

"Here are your results." Despite her smile, her voice was plain. She handed us a small packet.

The first few pages were the results of Percy's ultra-sound and x-ray. I understood little of it, surprisingly, and Percy did. That was a strange feeling.

Percy frowned. He squeezed my hand.

"As you can see," the doctor began, "your illness has gotten worse. You need to make sure you're as stress-free as possible, and don't go exercizing too much. Eat properly. It's all in the packet. Feel free to call or email me at any time for any questions, and if there is ever an emergency, call 911."

-time skip-

Percy tossed the paper packet into his trashcan and plopped on his bed. I watched from his doorway, leaning on the frame.

"Why did you do that?" I asked.

He shrugged, "I already knew everything in it."

"Doesn't matter, Jackson."

"You're right, it doesn't matter that I threw it away."

I flushed out of anger. I couldn't believe this guy.

"Get. Your. Freaking. Packet. From. The. Trash. Now." I said as calmy as I could manage.

He glared at me. "No."

I growled. Why is he behaving like this? Like a freaking child!

"Perseus Achilles Jackson, don't you glare at me!"

"I'm eighteen! I can glare all I want."

"And I'm almost seventeen! Your point being what, Jackson?!" I spit. "That just because you're a year older you think you can control me?"

"My point being," he glared again, "that you can't control me!"

"Well somebody has to! You can DIE, Percy, and you don't seem to care!"

"It's up to me if I care or not!"

"And it's up to me if I care or not."

And because I don't want to argue anymore, I walked out of his doorway and out of his house and as far away as I could until I reached my own home.