12: Why? (Edited)

This chapter has been grammatically and punctually edited. Please kindly comment any mistakes you find.

The doctors pulled Sally and I aside. What they said I will never forget.

"Ms. Jackson," the old man from before acknowledged Sally only. "It seems your son, Perseus...well, his heart is slowing down-"

"What?!" I scream.

"He will die within the next four months. We are unsure of the cause. I'm sorry."

I felt like I was about to start hyperventilating. I felt slightly light-headed. I grabbed the wall as my knees gave out. I crumpled to the floor, sobbing. This is heartache at its finest. Sally was in her own fit of cries. A nurse dragged me to my feet and pulled us to the waiting room. I collapsed in a chair next to Ms. Jackson. The hospital called Hazel to pick me up.

He's gone... My baby is dying, DYING. No... No...

Hazel arrived. I grabbed her and she hugged me close. After a while, I refused to leave the hospital.

"Nico, please, let's just go home for the night." she pleaded.

I wouldn't move.

After many fits and denials, without my consent, she grabbed my torso. She lifted me, and because she's strong, she lifted me up above her shoulder and tossed half of me over like a sack of potatoes. I screamed and kicked but she had a firm grip. Tears were flung as she shoved me in our dusty car, and slammed the door. She locked it. I buried my head in my hands as she got behind the wheel.

Why?!

I sobbed, and we drove home.

Why...?