13: Gone (Edited)

This chapter has been grammatically and punctually edited. Please kindly comment any mistakes you find.

I held his hand. All day. All night. He had many visitors once the news got out. Sally was here almost every day. Even Annabeth flew out to see him just one more time. I hated that, actually, even though it wasn't really her fault. Thalia and Luke came, giving me hugs. Poseidon came. Everyone came.

Percy meant so much to so many people. For him to go out like this is ridiculous. So many people will miss him. No one deserves to lose him any less than he deserves to die. And in a coma? Cruel. Horrid. I love him, and so does the world. Yet it is killing him.

His hand is so cold now. As if his life has already left it.

I miss you, Percy.

"Come back to me, okay?" I whisper, kissing him. "Come back to me."

-time skip-

Three hours.

He has no more than three hours to...

To...

To live. To live.

He hasn't woken up yet. He won't.

I sob. I yell. I kiss his cold, pale lips. Anyone who cares enough is here.

We love you, Percy.

Once the six-minute mark hits, the heart monitor stops. It's just a flat line now. People are in woe. I just stare at his face, as motionless as it has been the past eight and a half months. I saw this coming, I knew it. No more hope, no more feeling.

He is gone. My life is gone. He is dead.

Perseus Jackson, son of Poseidon and Sally Jackson, boyfriend of Nico di Angelo. Friend to all, enemy to many, bully of none.

Like all good people in this wretched world, he is gone.

My Percy, I loved you.