8: Coma (Edited)

This chapter has been grammatically and punctually edited. Please kindly comment any mistakes you find.

After three days, he still hasn't awaken.

His breathing is fine. His heartbeat is normal. Nothing is irregular. Yet, the doctors tell me he's in a coma.

I take a deep breath, in and out, in and out. How could this happen? It's just one bad thing after another.

I held his hand. I told Sally to go home and rest, I promised that I'd watch him.

"Percy, please. . . I love you. Wake up for me, babe. I know you can do it. For me. For your mom. Please. We need you."

But no matter now much I cry to him, he still slumbers, as if waiting for his Prince Charming to give him a kiss. I've given him plenty of kisses.

After a few more hours, Sally came in.

"Go get some rest." she patted my shoulder.

I shook my head, but didn't speak.

"Go on, Nico. Percy wouldn't want to wake up to a zombie."

"He wouldn't have wanted to fall into a coma."

At that she stayed quiet. She sat on the other side of my boyfriend, and held his other hand. We were silent until the doctors came into the room to give him a checkup and they asked us to leave.

I was so tired. Sally directed me to her car, and I was too weak to fight back. She sat me in shotgun, and she took the wheel. She drove me to my home with Hazel.

Hazel embraced me in a hug, and exchanged words with Ms. Jackson. She laid me on our soft couch and I fell asleep instantly.