|Chapter 5| Detective Steven

(Y/N)'s POV
~

Well, this is new.

Never, in my many years of living, did I ever think I would meet someone like me, with the same qualities.

But, here he is. Steven Quartz Universe, right in front of me. The half-human, half-gem boy that I have been hearing so much about from Mr. Magic Baker Boy... Lars.

It has been a few uneventful days since I woke up. Lars had to go back to space after he made me cookie, and these weird gem people had to come and heal my wounds. However, Mr. Laramie actually rambles a lot more than you think... I ended up pulling an all-nighter just listening to him ramble on about his life while he baked, too enticed to try to close my eyes for more than a few moment.
He has sort of a weird aura. One that makes you want to sit next to him and listen to him for an eternity, just about all his problems, no matter how insignificant they are. And I have a feeling he'd be there for you too...

Just...a feeling.

"This is so...cool! I never would've dreamed of meeting anyone else like me!" He exclaimed, flailing his arms and gesturing wildly. "So, tell me all about you. How are you a hybrid? Where do you come from? Why did you fall from the sky?"

"Well...that's..."

"Steven," One of the taller gems, who I believe is a Pearl, stated, pointing loosely towards him with a slight smile. "We must conduct our investigation professionally. Let's sit them down and talk slowly and choose our words wisely."

"Detective Steven, on the case" He said, putting on a nearby Fedora, and sitting down next to me on the couch. I felt a giggle spill out a bit, unable to be kept in. "So, what's your name, Partner?"

"My name is (Y/N), Detective Steven. I don't really know where I come from, but I do know I have some memory loss and...I'm a hybrid of some sort. I don't really know of what gem, but..." I turn my head and show him my ear, which has a gem pierced (well, I guess not really pierced, more like placed), there, shining a beautiful holographic (F/C).

The Gems stared a the gem for a while, some analyzing, others just looking at the memorizing colors, before Detective Steven continued his case. "Mh hm. Mh hmmm... And how did you fall from the sky?"

"Well, when I was found on Homeworld camping out in some of the alleyways and hidden passages, I was taken into captivity...Kept on a ship until they got further orders. I actually think I might've been on the ship when you guys got taken by Aquamarine...I remember seeing Lars, for sure..." I mumbled, trying to speak clearly enough for them to hear with minimum effort. Hah, of course I remember Lars... "However, shortly after your guy's escape... I um... I got dropped into the ocean, Diamond's orders."

I heard the gems gasp and look at each other, confused and also a bit concerned. They had heard of shattering gems but...for a gem hybrid, that sounds a lot more painful. They grimaced and gathered around me, intrigued.
"When I woke up, Lars had taken me here and offered me cookies. He told be all about you guys, In the short time that you were here...and um... I hope that I can be of service to you, while I'm here."

Steven smiles. "Detective Steven finds your information...True! Not guilty!" He exclaims, leaning back on the cough and throwing his hands into the air. I laugh a bit, my voice still a bit hoarse. The rest of the gems giggle to themselves as well. "I'm glad you're here, (Y/N)."

"I'm glad I'm here too, Steven. Now...where exactly is Lars?" I ask, trying my best not to seem clingy but more genuinely concerned. "Did he...go off on a space mission again?"

"Yeah, sorry to disappoint you." He looks at me slyly. Oh no... "I know how much you want to see Lars right about now."

"W-What? I...don't...know what you're implying?" I respond, my face flushing slightly.

"Detective Steven finds (Y/N)...GUILTY AS CHARGED!"

"W-Well...heck."

~
//haHA YOU HECKS I MADE A REALLY HECK CHAPTER FOR YA WOOOOOOO ORIAN CAN UPLOAD??? YOU BET YOU HECK THEY CAN AAAAAAAAA//