|Chapter 8| Losing Control

I felt the breath escape my lips as Lars boosted us out of the mother ship and out into the depths of space, unable to muster enough strength to stop him. He must've leaned on the controls or something of the like, because in an instant, we were suddenly stopped, and I couldn't remember the events that just occurred, as if it were just one short dream. I found myself hunched over, leaning against the pilot's seat.

I looked back, expecting to see the ship we came from, Steven and the other Off-colors conversing amongst themselves on the ship, only to find the void surrounding us from all sides. I felt my breath quicken as the feeling of isolation returned, the many days spent drifting in space in silence, driving myself mad, trying to talk to Topaz only to find them silent. Lars grabbed my hand, causing my breathing to slow back down as I dragged myself back into reality, a bit of a headache lingering in my head.

"(Y/N)...I-I didn't mean to...W-Where..." He asked, observing the void surrounding us. There didn't even seem to be any planets remotely nearby. "I guess I really screwed us over this time..."

"Can't you just drive us back..?" I asked hopefully, looking at our fuel tank, "Or do we not have enough fuel for that now..?"

"I don't think we do... I'm sorry I... I'm not sure what got into me," He whispered, pulling his hair back with his hand before promptly pulling it away, the bangs falling back in front of his face, covering the scar on his eye. "I don't even know where we are... Ugh, I wish I wasn't so clumsy with controls!"

"No, Lars, it's fine. Let's continue the mission. Maybe we're close," I commented, examining the darkness around us once more. I was surprised at the vastness of space, unable to even comprehend it now that we were in it. I took a step back, adverting eyes back to my hand, which was covered by Lars'. I smiled, feeling a bit at ease because of the gesture, but then quickly began to asses our options once more. "Can you get a read on where we are?"

"The computer in the ship is a bit spotty," He mumbled, hitting his fist against the dash of the small pod. He grumbled and placed his head in his hands, as if to give into the super computer's dominance over him, before it quickly flashed on, the green light of the holograms causing the pink-haired boy to look up in shock. My eyes widened at the sight, taken aback that a simple hit was all it took to reboot the computer. Or, maybe, Lars was just a genius.
I'll say the latter.

"Lead the way, then," I mumbled, still a bit unsure of how one even does that, but sure that it doesn't really matter anymore. I was just glad that Lars and I were finally back on the road, going to... well, I didn't even really know, did I? But I'm sure I would learn soon enough... that was where Emerald was residing at that very moment.

And to say the least, she wouldn't be Lars again. Especially with someone like me.

-
HEY! Sorry this took so long! And that its so short! I've been testing all week and it's been hard to write after school because I'm been a bit tired. Y'all know the struggle.
Anyways, thank you all for the constant support! I'm sorry I'm not providing my content for you and that my updating schedule is kind of bad, but I'm trying my absolute best to get the best quality stuff out to you as soon as possible with all this stuff.
And hey, leave any recommendations in the comments for scenes and things like that. I always like to hear what you guys have to say!
Anyways, I have to start on the next chapter now! Buh bye!
(Oh, and happy Pride Month! ;) )
-Orian