Meeting a Teacher

Later on

There was a knock on my door, and the little window that Lukas had installed opened up to reveal Petra. I slowly got off my bed getting knocked out of my conscious, being the only place I was allowed to explore freely. "Eden, lunch is ready," she said with a dull tone sliding the meal through the opening.

I was silent as I grabbed it with no emotion, then taking it back over to my bed. "Eden, I'm sorry about this; it isn't fair. It's just, none of us have the courage to face Lukas, he's grown attached to you," Petra spoke sadly.

I didn't say anything, and that caught her attention. "It's been 2 months since you've said anything, I miss your conversation," Petra tried to lighten my spirit.

I didn't do anything except pick at my food, and that made Petra stare at the ground, then shut the door and walk off. I sighed, it really has been a long time since I've said anything, I've just been sucked into my own thoughts, and it seems I couldn't come out. After I finished my meal, I lied on my bed and thought more. Until, that is, there was a tiny knock on my window. Something in my soul sparked up, and I was pulled out of my mind.

I went over my window and opened up to see a man a little below me, I wasn't that far up, maybe like, a foot or two above him. "Hello?" I asked as he stared at me.

'ack, my voice is so raspy from not speaking for so long,' I thought.

"Are you Eden?" he asked.

"Y-yes?" I stuttered in confusion.

"I believe we met the day you arrived at Beacon Town, you bumped into me," he started off.

I thought about it, and there was a little memory of him, but I don't remember that ever happening, like it was a dream. "Ya, I kind of remember that," I answered.

"I heard what was going on with you, and this isn't right, I have an offer for you," he... offered.

"What is it, I'm up for almost anything, I'm getting bored of sitting in here," I convinced myself.

"How would like to come with me and train, that way if you ever face the Admin, you can defend yourself, and your captivator will trust you enough to fight for yourself," he persuaded.

"Well, for one, he's my friend, and second I barley know you, how do I know I can trust you," I asked.

"Take my hand and discover for yourself if you can trust me," he let out his hand.

I hesitated, but realized anything bad happening to me would be a bigger adventure then sitting in a room all alone for the next, who knows how long. I looked back at the door, but then looked at his face. His blue eyes seemed pure, and he had red hair and a red goatee that seemed innocent enough, and he dressed modestly. I grabbed the edge of my window, and lowered myself down and grabbed his hand and he pulled me into the woods with a trusting smile. I looked back at the dome as it became smaller and smaller. "I'm sorry Lukas," I apologized as I looked at the ground slightly disappointed in myself.

But then out of nowhere, this guy put his hand under my chin and made me to look at him, and he smiled and comforted me. Then we were off, new adventure, and if this man wasn't who he seemed to be, I guess I would find out for myself.

After a while of running, we appeared at this campsite, and then the guy let go of my hand and began setting up another tent right beside his own. "So um... if your gonna train me, can I know your name?" I asked.

He shifted a little bit and stood up and looked at me. "I-I'm..." he then seemed to go silent, unsure of his own name.

"It's Kedar..." he introduced then going back to his job.