Chapter VI: Adventurers Guild

Finding the adventurers guild wasn't a hard task. The whole town was busy and bustling. People were moving around, shifting and turning about. Kids were playing on the small divided streets between houses, small boats were entering and leaving the town through the lake and many elaborate sounds could be heard, blending together and creating a symphony of progression.

Ships were blaring out their horns, people's murmurs and inaudible conversations entranced the air, merchants were yelling out their goods; promoting their products, the faint pitter-patter of the ground being stepped on by countless amount of footwear could be heard, the cackling of horse hooves and the ever-shifting colors of the scenery as countless people wearing clothing traveled around.

The town was divided into two sections connected together by a long and tall bridge, much more grandiose in size than the entrance bridge. The bridge was beautifully built, having many cross-sections beneath weaving through so small ships can pass through, seemingly used for trade routes.

Across the bridge, a slightly tall building could be seen alongside a pillar behind it displaying a large crest of a broadsword in front of a shield. The crest had a fine inscription located within the middle; small letters spelling out the words "Adventurers Guild".

Quickly finding my desired destination, I quickly sped past the surrounding commotion dodging a plethora of people, animals, and some with a mix of both.

Wait a minute...

A mix of both?

A surprised expression came across my face unexpectedly as I bumped into one of these chimeric creatures. Since I had never seen anything like this, I accidentally stopped and stared for too long. Apparently, that wasn't a good idea because the person I was staring at was a female.

We both stood in awkward silence, looking at each other. I shifted my eyes to her figure. She's a normal adventurer about my age, she has long black hair, slender features and is simply clad in leather armor with metal platings around her joints. She sports a white tunic, along with a brown leather skirt-like fauld with high heel socks and boots.

The only thing that separates her from looking like a normal girl is her two pointy cat ears on the side of her head twitching ever so slightly, her emerald cat eyes which seem to glint in the shade and a tail that was slowly moving back and forth.

I must have given the wrong impression towards her because she quickly shifts her body away from me, her green pupils dilating in my direction.

It seems that she was glaring at me.

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to look at yo- I mean I did, but not in that type-" I fumbled my words, "What I'm trying to say is that I find your features interesting... but not in like a sexual way or anything. But I also think-"

I stop talking right away... this isn't working, I'm just making it worse for myself. She narrows her eyes only slightly, giving me an odd expression, but turns around and starts walking in the opposite direction. I couldn't hide my embarrassment as I slowly turned around and start heading for the adventurers guild.

The adventurers guild was located on the other side of the city, so I had to cross the large bridge. The bridge was bigger than I thought now that I was looking at it from up close. Many people were moving across, and it was wide enough to let horse carriages and carts through.

I ran across, and after a few turns left and right, I arrive at the large house with a huge pillar; the adventurers guild. Two tall wooden doors were in front of me, and with a small push, I was able to open it easily and walk in.