Chapter VIII: Inn

After collecting the amount of money for that quest which was five silvers from the adventurers guild, I checked my map and browsed around looking for a place to stay.

The problem wasn't finding an inn, there was plenty of those. They were displayed on the map mostly at each corner of the town, but it was the question of really which one should I go to.

The map showed no indication of which inn was good or bad or any sort of identification via any sort of rating.  At this point it was up to me to decide which one to go to, and to be completely honest I didn't want to accidentally go to one that was terrible.

I thought of a good idea, and that was to consult some of the people at the Adventurers Guild.

I was hesitant to talk to people at first because I didn't know how they would react to me due to my weird clothing and other things that I was overthinking about, but evidently, they didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, so striking up a conversation was relatively easy.

 After talking to a few of the adventurers, I found that most of the adventurers had a very different view on what a supposed good inn was, but the name that seemed to come out the most was the Boars Hat.  

I checked my map to scan for the Boars Hat and pleasantly find that it's not too far away from where I currently am. This was good because I was really tired anyway. The time was almost eight hours past noon, a perfect time to grab dinner.

Quickly moving along the clean-cut cement streets, I find an inn with the huge wooden panel with the logo of a green boar wearing a yellow magicians hat. The inn itself was fairly huge, it was a three-story high building with several triangular rooftops, much like what a medieval inn would look like, however, the building layout was very planned and thought out.

Now that I think about it, every house and building in this town was delicately made, with no indications of any error in terms of design.

I walk quickly inside the inn. My first immediate thought was that it was less of an inn and more of a bar. Several people were sat upon chairs at a long main desk, stretching across the center of the building while others were located at large tables around the first floor.

The chattering and commotion were lively, so lively that I already knew it was bafflingly busy before I even went inside. Even though the sun was almost barely visible in the sky, the atmosphere made it seem like it was afternoon rush hour.

Ignoring some of the loud commotions, I glance at a lady in front of me. She was the bartender, or rather the caretaker. She seemed to be the one that knew what to do because she was serving drinks to a number of people, pouring them pints of beer and ale while giving others small sets of keys.

I walk up to her calmly and sit down on one of the chairs.

"Hello, I'm looking to stay the night." I ask her "How much would that cost?"

"One silver a night, and three bronze coins for dinner." She says.

"I have five silvers, how much would that get me?" 

"Five nights, but if you want breakfast, lunch, and dinner along with that, it would cost five extra silvers." 

"What about for one night?"

"One night only, or one night with three meals included?"

"Meals included." 

"That would be two silvers then."

I gave a quick nod and took out two silvers from my pockets. She readily takes them, examines them for a second and then hands me a small sheet of paper.