04

From that day on, we met up every lunch time and talked and talked until the bell rang. I didn't give a shit when my friends told me to stay away from you. Once I punched one of them in the face because he called you a freak.

I knew my friends were slowly leaving my side. But I also knew they were not the ones who needed me the most.

It was you.

"Thank you, Tae." You would always say, a beautiful smile spreading across your cheeks. "For being my friend."

You were a piece of artwork. Flawless hair and skin, eyes deeper than ocean, small rounded face, plump pinkish lips, and those dimples that appear when you smile -

You were like an angel to me.

But you didn't know. No matter how many times I told you how beautiful you are, you would just shake your head and look away.

"You are beautiful." I would still say even if you ignore.

Then you'd whine like a little five year old telling me to stop.

You were so cute.

"Do you wanna go to the library after school?" You would ask, trying to change the subject.

Then I'd smile and nod, "Definitely."

I didn't realize how much closer we've gotten in the past few weeks.

I didn't realize how much you have become part of my life.

I didn't realize that the more I got to know you, the bigger this strange feeling grew inside my heart.

And it grew and grew,

..til it was too big to hide.