06

There was one day when you didn't answer any of my calls or texts.

I was worried. I was so worried that I just couldn't stay still even for a second.

What if you were crying somewhere? What if you were lost?

What if you were in danger?

My head was so full of thoughts and worries, it was suffocating me.

I had to check. I had to make sure that you were okay.

So I decided to go to your house.

I couldn't breathe properly unless I see you in front of me, all safe and warm, smiling brightly. I didn't want anything happen to you. If something did, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself.

Because it hurts more when you get hurt than when I'm hurt.

I knocked on your door and shouted your name out dozens of times, but there was no answer. All the lights in your house were turned off and there was no hint of life there.

And that's when I started to panic.

I was scared. I was worried. I couldn't control myself.

I searched everywhere where I thought you might be at.

I ran around the park calling out your name loudly. I checked every cafes I passed by. But you weren't there. You were no where to be seen.

The sun was setting and the sky was fading into beautiful warm shades of sherbet orange, smudging into a mesmerizing palette of an artist.

A thick drop of tear rolled down my cheek, landing on the hem of my shirt.

I couldn't find you.

Drowned in pain, I slowly trudged down the street, forcing my tired feet to drag along.

And that's when I heard your scream.

My eyes snapped open and my head immediately turned toward the sound.

Only one thing came into my eyes.

A dark alley.

I didn't have to think twice. I knew what to do.

No, I didn't know what to do. My body just moved by itself.

And soon I was there, panting, surrounded by the darkness, you lying in front of me, breathless.

And behind you was them, giggling and laughing.

Shaking with anger, I slowly raised my head and met their eyes.

Their giggles stopped when they saw me.

"Look, that's the cutie again." The girl in the middle smiled, looking at me.

I didn't smile back. My expression stayed the same, cold and angry.

"Did you come to join our fun?" She spoke again, this time more loudly. "Or did you come to save that useless slug?"

"The only useless slug around here is you, bitch." I hissed through my teeth and stepped forward, only to get stopped by you grabbing my ankle weakly with your delicate fingers.

I looked down and you looked up at me, your lips bleeding, bruises everywhere, a weak smile on your face. I bit my lips hard, trying best not to cry.

"Tae...I'm okay." You whimpered softly, breathing unevenly. "Just go. Leave me here."

"No." I said, eyes softening.

I wasn't there to protect you when they were doing this to you. And I'd never be able to forgive myself for it.

"Please." You begged, coughing nonstop. "Please..."

I looked deeply into your eyes.

"No." I repeated.

"Why -"

"Because I love you, damn it!"

Your eyes widened, and with lips slightly parted, you looked at me, startled.

"I love you so goddamn much that I can't stop thinking about you even for a second." I continued, clenching my hands into tight fists. "Whenever I see you crying, my heart rips into pieces. When you get hurt, it hurts more than when I'm hurt. Thinking of a world without you scares the hell out of me, and I can't imagine myself being happy without you next to me... I can't live without you."

A weak smile formed on my face. "I love you so much, Kim Y/N." I said. "So stop telling me to leave. Because I won't. Not without you."

Tears streamed down your cheeks endlessly, no matter how many times you wiped them off.

"Taehyung, I -"

"Sorry for interrupting your sweet little romance, but it's kinda too cringe." One of the girls commented sarcastically, turning all our attentions to her. "Also...I don't think our guy friends are so keen to watch lovey dovey dramas."

And that's when someone punched me from behind, causing me to collapse on the hard ground.