08

The first thing that came into my mind when I woke up was you.

Y/N.

I looked around the room, desperate to find you. I didn't realize I was in a hospital. I didn't realize my left arm was in a cast, and my head, which was wrapped tightly around with bandages.

I was too worried about you to worry about myself.

"She's in the room next you." A nurse said as she approached me. "The girl you are looking for..Kim Y/N-ssi, right?"

"Yes, that's her. Is she okay? Is she awake yet? How is she feeling?" I asked impatiently, pouring out all the questions.

The nurse gave me a warm, comforting smile. "Yes, she's okay. She woke up a few minutes before you, and she's in much better condition than you are in, Mr.Kim."

I let out a sigh of relief, my tense muscles relaxing.

"Can I go see her?" I asked with desperation in my eyes.

I had to see you. I had to make sure with my own two eyes that you were okay.

"No, you need some rest." She said. "Maybe after you take a nap."

Then she handed me some pills.

"This will help soothe the pain." She said. "Your arm is badly injured."

"Thank you." I mumbled quietly. "But are you sure I can't go see her -"

"Kim Taehyung."

Startled, my head turned immediately to the door.

And in the doorway, you were standing there, with bandages all over your arms and legs, eyes overwhelming with tears.

"I'll leave you two to talk." The nurse said politely, excusing herself outside.

As soon as the door closed and it was only us two in the room, we both started crying.

We didn't know why. We didn't have a reason. We were just happy that we were okay. That we are together.

"Kim Taehyung, you idiot!" You yelled at me in muffled voice, wiping your tears off. "Why did you put yourself in danger to protect me? Why did you hurt yourself to -"

"Didn't I tell you already?" I smiled. "I love you."

You opened your mouth to say something, but nothing came out.

I pursed my lips tightly and looked down at my hands awkwardly.

My heart sank. You didn't love me.

"It's okay if you don't like me the way I like you." I began, holding back the tears. "If we could just stay as friends, that's enough for me -"

But I was cut off by you slamming your soft, delicate lips on mine.

My eyes enlarged.

You smiled shyly as you slowly pulled away. Your cheeks were shaded beautifully with light pink, making you look adorable as ever.

"Shut up, you idiot." You mumbled, fiddling with your fingers. "I fell in love with you way before you did."

And I couldn't hold myself back anymore.

I cupped your face in my hands and pulled myself up toward you and slowly, I leaned closer as our eyes closed.

Our lips met. 

Steaming tears full of mixed emotions dripped down our eyes, and that day, we shared the most beautiful, passionate kiss.