07

"Tae!!" I heard you scream before my body slammed against the ground.

"Ugh.." I groaned in pain, touching the spot where I got hit.

I tried to stand up, but before I could, someone punched me again on the same spot, knocking me over.

"You are weak as shit." I heard a male voice behind me, through your cries.

"No!! Please!! Don't! Leave him alone!" You cried out, your voice cracking with tears. "Please...Please..."

"Aw, your little brave girlfriend wants me to leave you alone.." The guy commented sarcastically, earning laughs from other males. "Should I move onto your girl instead?"

"No!" I hissed through my bleeding lips and shot him a fierce glare as I struggled to bring myself up. "Don't you dare...You useless piece of whore -"

Before I could finish my sentence, another one of them kicked me in my stomach, cutting me off.

"Useless piece of whore?" He snorted. "Says you."

"Aw, don't go too hard on him, oppa." The girls giggled from behind, smirks visible in their voices. "I kinda like him..He's cute."

"Nah, I don't mind." I let out a bitter chuckle. "Try me."

"You shit -" The guy raised his hand to slap me again.

"No!!" You screamed as you held onto his leg tightly. "Please..don't. Please.. Leave him alone."

"Let go of me, bitch!" The guy yelled harshly at you and shook you off his leg, causing your body to slam against the hard ground.

"Y/N!" I yelled with tears in my eyes.

"I'm not dead yet, you motherfuckers!" You shouted loudly and threw your shoe at them.

No.

"What did you just call us?" The guy hissed in threatening voice as he faced you again.

You quickly glanced at me before you faced them again with a fake smile.

"What, don't you like the name? I think it fits you perfectly." You said loudly. Your whole body was trembling. But you didn't drop your smile.

"Ha, this bitch finally must have gone crazy." He hissed. "She's begging us to kill her."

"No! Leave her alone, you slugs!" I yelled at them, trying to stand up.

"Sorry pretty boy, but you're after this bitch." He muttered with an annoyed look glued on his face. "So be patient."

And as they approached you, my heart sank.

"Bitch." He muttered and spat on you.

I was trembling so much with anger.

I hated myself. I hated that I was so weak. I hated that I couldn't protect you.

And mercilessly, they started kicking you.

I yelled continuously at them to stop, to kick me instead, but they didn't listen. Your delicate body was already covered with countless scratches and bruises. It was obvious you won't be able to hold on for much longer. You kept insisting you were fine. But you weren't.

This was all happening because of me. You were getting hurt because of me.

Because I was a useless piece of shit. Because I was weak. Because I was too weak to protect you.

Tears rolled down my face endlessly.

Gritting my teeth, I forced my arms to move, and using all the strength I have, I ran through them and embraced you tightly under my arms, shielding you from the violent kicks.

You slowly opened your eyes and looked at me, eyes enlarged and filled with tears.

"No!" You cried out. "Move, Taehyung!!"

"No." I smiled weakly and hugged you tighter as kicking continued. "Never."

"Please..." You begged, tears flowing down your face endlessly. "Please..."

My whole body felt numb. I felt like loosing conscious in any second. But I told myself to keep my eyes open for you. And for you, I could do anything. Sacrificing myself? It was a piece of cake. You were my everything.

"Tae...No..." You cried out in muffled voice, screaming loudly. "Please -"

"STOP EVERYTHING!" A voice yelled loudly, turning all the attentions toward it.

"Shit." One of the guys muttered as he backed away. "Police."

And the sounds of sirens approached from behind, with flashes of red and blue lights.

"Run!" They shouted and darted off, eager to escape, leaving us alone, lifeless.

"Tae.." You whispered softly, caressing my cheek. Your voice was all muffled with tears. "They came...The police came. We are safe now. You are safe."

"I'm sorry, Y/N." I said in cracked voice. My voice was drowned under the loud noise of the sirens.

A beam of light flashed onto us.

"I found the victims!" Someone shouted as more footsteps approached from behind.

Then everything went black.