ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟚 • 𝕃𝕖𝕥'𝕤 𝔾𝕠 𝕋𝕠 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕄𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕓𝕪 ℝ𝕠𝕓𝕚𝕟 𝕊𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕝𝕖𝕤

Warning!
This chapter deals and mentions a sensitive subject so if you feel uncomfortable reading it, you can go ahead and either skip the chapter or exit the story. It's ok, you won't hurt my feelings :)

~ Y/n L/n ~

"Morning guys!"

Actually waking up in a good mood was a rare occasion for me, so when I did, I really felt it. Walking into the kitchen, the smell of sweet pancakes, sizzling bacon, and fresh fruit overwhelmed me. Brielle stood in the kitchen flipping pancakes and Katlyn was at her side whipping smoothies.

"Morning!" I got cheery responses from Mark, Katlyn, and Brielle, but only a small hum from Jack.

That's weird, Jack's not usually this quiet... ever...

"Looks like this time I'm the one keeping everyone waiting this time," I tried to make a joke referencing the first time we met Jack and Mark to ease the random tension that was in the air, but to no avail. Jack still had an empty look in his eyes and didn't even throw me a glance.

I looked at Mark with a questioning look, hoping that he possibly had the answer to Jack's odd mood. Unfortunately, he had no idea what was causing his sour mood.

I stood there confused as I watched Jack stand from his seat and walk over to the kitchen to refill the empty mug in his hand. He walked up to Katlyn, who was holding the coffee pot in her hands and smiling like a lovesick puppy. I could hear him quietly ask for a refill and she poured the dark liquid into his mug.

But that wasn't the weirdest part about the mundane task.

As Katlyn filled his mug, she stood awfully close to him and just stared at him with this intense gaze and sickeningly sweet smile. She used one hand to pour him the drink and the other she used to lightly graze her fingers over the hand hanging by his side.

Her body language was flirtier than usual and he didn't reject it or totally embrace it. He just seemed cold and sad.

When he sat back down, he wouldn't look me in the eye and completely ignored me.

Feeling a little uncomfortable with the thought of sitting there, I decided to go into the kitchen to see if Brielle needed help with preparing the hearty breakfast.

Unfortunately for me, she didn't, so I just sat and watched as she and Katlyn plated up the food and smoothies while thinking about what the heck could be going on with Jack...

*****

"OH MY GOD! That was a lot!"

"I'm pretty sure I just gained 50 pounds... and I regret nothing."

I leaned back in my chair, happily rubbing my belly. The platter that originally held strips of bacon, sausage, buttermilk pancakes, eggs, and toast was empty and the glasses lined with drops of fruit smoothies sat on the table, with the thought of washing them being dreaded by all.

I stood up with a groan and stretch before starting to pick up each of the plates that sat in front of my friends.

As I picked up the dishes, Mark stood up from his seat and called for everyone's attention.

"Alrighty, hurry up with those dishes please! Because today, is a very special day! Courtesy of myself and Jackaboy here, we've planned a long day of surprises just for you ladies!" He proudly announced as he ruffled Jack's already messy bedhead.

"What kind of surprises?" Katlyn asked with a playful curiosity in her voice. Mark gave her a vague answer while placing a finger over his mouth.

"All will be revealed in good time..."