Chapter Four

Author's POV

After finishing reading the first book in two weeks, they finally started their training. Early in the morning, they started with sword fighting and hand-to-hand combat.

"Raise your blade but not too high. Position your body a bit lower and steady stood your ground. If your opponent strikes down your waist, whether it may be higher or lower, don't try to jump or roll away, instead do a parry." the wizard instructed while demonstrating in front of her. "When in a sword fight, don't be reckless in using magic, instead use it for a last resort if you think you cannot keep up with the fight. Also, you may even use couple of techniques combining hand-to-hand combat..."

"How?" Eferhilda scratchily asked while panting, trying to postion herself in front of him.

"Like this..." the wizard mysteriously said with a smirk.

With enough time to react, she barely blocked the sword with a swing in the right but with the wizard's speed, she didn't even know what happened since the sword was already at the side of her throat threateningly while his other arm wrapped around her arm ready to break it as his hand gripped her upper arm tightly. Her sword just lay few meters away from her right.

Giving a little push and pull, she hissed in pain by her arm ready to break.

"Rule number one: don't lose focus." the wizard sternly stated as he slowly removed himself from her taking a few step back.

Hissing in pain, she gently rubbed her left arm. "H-How did you---" she was then cut off by the wizard.

"Like I said, try combining hand-to-hand combat with swordplay... It's really useful in battle, since it won't be full in fighting with swords..."

Nodding, "I-I'll try..." as she collapsed on the ground exhausted.

~~~ Timeskip ~~~

"Run twenty laps around the meadow and another twenty going the opposite!" the wizard shouted as she begun running around the meadow.

Thereafter, she returned standing in front of him with shaky legs and heavy panting.

"C-can we now do magic?" she asked hoarsely with sweat covering her whole body.

"Not yet." he declared as she collapsed onto the ground with a grunt.

~~~ Timeskip ~~~

"Position your bow in front of you and pull the arrow. Level your thumb by your chin and your elbow by your shoulder. Take a deep breath and RELEASE!!" he instructed as she hit the bull's-eye causing her to look at him with a wide smile.

"Good job..." he acknowledged with a nod "But not enough..." he stated with a smirk while grabbing a bow and arrow.

"Huh?" she dubiously said, seeing as he has his back turned on the target.

In a blink of an eye, an arrow shot towards the target and hit the bull's-eye, shocking her from the speed.

"I challenge you to either surpass me or get to this speed in the near future." He stated confidently looking in her eyes as he released another arrow without looking as it hit the target.

Regaining her composure, she grinned "Oh, you can count on it."

~~~ Timeskip (Night) ~~~

"Atilius, what's an Infinity Warrior?" she curiously asked as they sat around the table eating.

Abruptly stopping from eating, he looked up "Why do you ask?" with a curious spark in his eyes.