Chapter Seven

Author's POV

Early in the morning with the chirping of the birds and neighing of the horses, the family got up and started their morning routines.

Gathered around the kithen or the dining room without the guest, they quickly prepared for breakfast while the twins started playing outside.

"It's really good to have you back, son. I'm really glad." said Hemy while cooking something to eat.

"I'm glad too, mother. I'm happy to see my family again." replied Bevin smiling at her while helping her with the food.

"Now that you mentioned it." Called out Jin from the table as they both whirled around to face him "How did you come back? I mean weren't you suppose to be helping out the bandits with their schemes?"

"Jin!" Scolded their mother.

Putting a hand on her shoulder reassuringly, "It's alright, mother..." Bevin soothed and he faced his younger brother with a sigh "Yesterday morning, when we were scouting for possible hunts in the forest... We came upon a small clearing near a stream where we found a hooded girl camped out in the open... of course we were curious as to why a lone woman decided to sleep in the middle of the forest where we know it is dangerous..." as they continued what they were doing before "Then Luka started a fuss about it as the others looked around for anything... But of course, we didn't notice she woke up until Luka and the others were all unconscious on the ground leaving me standing watching everything unfold before my eyes..." he suddenly chuckled dryly "I thought I was next but what she did instead shocked me the most..."

"Which is?"

"She told me that I was different and so she spared me but in exchange, I would show her the way to the nearest village..."

"Which is here..." as Bevin nodded in reply. "Wait, so the girl that you mentioned... Is..." Jin trailed off realizing something with wide eyes.

With a nod, "Hilda." he simply stated with a smirk.

Nearly dropping the plate Hemy held in shock as Jin gaped in awe, "Interesting story, isn't it?" a voice sounded by the stairs.

Looking towards the staircase, they saw Hilda grinning at them as she slowly descend from the stairs and walked towards them only to stop by the table, folding her arms giving a knowing wink at Bevin, causing him to breathed out in relief not realizing he's been holding it not long ago.

"So, you know how to fight..." Stated Hemy carefully setting down the plates filled with food on the table.

"Yes, ma'am." She replied with a nod.

Along the awkward silence, they all sat down with twins around the table eating for breakfast.

Noticing their constant glances with each other, she sighed in annoyance and declared gently as possible, "If there is something you'd like to ask, go on ahead and ask... I won't stop you..."

Moments later, someone cleared their throat causing her to look up from her food, "Well, we were wondering why you were out in the woods in the first place and how did you learn how to fight?" asked Jin from across her.

Raising an eyebrow, she turned to look at Bevin beside her who only gave her a shrug. Facing forward with a sigh, "I was out travelling to explore the world and I learned from a close friend how to fight..." she simply replied.

"And where might you be from, dear?" asked Hemy sweetly.

"Just somewhere in the East..."

"You're so young to be traveling alone... Are you sure you want to keep on going?" she worriedly asked gazing at her calculatingly.