Chapter Nine

Hilda's POV

How could I let this happen?!

Running threw the woods together with Jalen by my side, I feel furious and guilty. Furious at myself for being weak and feeling guilty for doing nothing to stop them.

Am I really this weak when faced by a problem? I thought I was ready, but guess not. Was all the training I received useless?

I keep on grumbling under my breath as I gritted my teeth with exasperation, not noticing how Jalen kept on looking my way with concern.

'M'lady please wait.' Jalen said telepathetically.

"What?!" I snapped without looking at him as I stopped on my tracks along with him stopping by my side.

I'm really not in the mood right now.

Placing a hand on my shoulder, he gently spoke "M'lady, look, I know that you feel frustrated and angry of what happened... But it's not you're fault of why the events took place." He firmly stated looking dead straight to her eyes. "There really are some circumstances where we feel powerless. Helpless. Which we have no control over. However, this certain events are necessary to happen for everything has a purpose in the beginning. You might find this gibberish or a waste of time but sacrifices are in need to happen to attain the goal you want to achieve. Choices needs to be made at the midst of chaos, in order for you to decide on what to do next. Either who or what you sacrifice, it is up to your act of decision. Your choices will be your reality as it forms your future. Your path will be created once you set your heart onto it." He adviced then with a small smile. "That's why it is not your fault why Bevin and his family got in danger, for their fate has already been decided. Along with the fate of this village. And now it is the time for you to decide on what you want to do. It is no coincidence you approached this village since you are destined to protect the people. The fate of this village and the people that resides within rests on your shoulder, just waiting for your decision to be made... So please calm down and think of what you are doing first. Set your mind straight and think rationally. Think of the pros and cons of your actions and thoroughly analyze the situation. Every details, even if it's small or big must carefully thought out before any action..." with a grin "And if the flow of the events play nicely, we'll surely be able to save him soon, M'lady."

Having him say those words really made me think. Sacrifices and decisions? Huh?

Fate. It is just a simple word, but the meaning is profoundly more interesting.

Taking a deep breath, I plopped down onto the ground and crossed my legs. Laying my hands on my legs, trying to calm my nerves. I felt Jalen smile in content and stood guard by me fully alert on our surroundings.

I really need to think this through. Oh and where's my coat?

Raising my hand, I noticed the ring still on which means I'm exposed out in the open. Sighing in frustration, I mumbled the spell and the coat appeared on me as well as the mask. Feeling contented, I gazed up at the moon shining upon us with soft rays.

"Hey Jalen?" I murmured.

"Hmm?"

"You really are an old man." I commented with a smirk trying to enlighten up the mood, which I heard an amused huff in response. "But you do make a point." As I stood up still facing the moon "There's no time for me to sulk in a corner. We will save this village one way or another." I determinedly declared now looking at him sideway with a grin which he returned equally.

Now that I think about it, I only now noticed his clothes which consists of a white long sleeved shirt, a black vest, a black trouser, a pair of black boots, a pair of black fingerless gloves and a mixture of metal and leather vambraces, and a hooded black coat which is a bit similar to mine with the difference without a mask. Wow, many black, but that's cool. He has a sword strapped on his back and another on his waist with the triskelion symbol engraved on the hilt of the sword which the sword has almost the same abilities of her sword Apeiros. And only those who are warriors and the guardian are able to see through the disguised spell over the sword. Knives and daggers are also well kept hidden from view.