Chapter 11

Hilda's POV

Finally, the threat Vilmonil has fallen. I guess now Bevin's family can continue on nicely on their daily lives. It actually feels good to help others with their problems especially when the outcomes are positive and successive.

Is this how it means to be a Guardian? Was it always this joyous and fun? Well aside from the sufferings and deaths but, it just feels good to help out knowing that you have the capability to do so.

Anyway, now that the village is safe, I don't actually have a reason to stay here anymore. I do have a duty to fulfill since I still need to travel to the Kingdom of Bethalial to fulfill the prophecy, which by the way sucks.

The prophecy isn't just about what the previous guardian wrote on the stone wall, its entirely more frightening and cruel. It feels like it refers to an even more cruel evil event that's going to happen to every single dimention, not only just one. And somehow, Shezado is barely a part of it which doesn't make sense.

I'm currently laying down on the bed inside my temporal room at the house of Bevin's family. I just wore a simple white blouse and a dark brown pants. My hair come undone as it sway by my midriff. It's been three days already since the incident and for three days I slept straight as I only awoke this fine morning. I didn't get why I'm this tired since I didn't exactly exhaust myself too much.

Then suddenly, a burning sensation erupted on my right forearm as I abruptly sat up wincing in pain gritting my teeth. Rolling the sleeve up to my elbow, I was surprised to see an obsidian string of glowing dark light wrapped itself on my forearm crisscrossed tightly like it was an accessory.

"I guess this explains why I was so exhausted..." I mumbled under my breath narrowing my eyes at it. "Just what does this do? How did I even get it? I know those two hadn't used any kind of a binding spell, especially not this powerful. They don't even seem like it... then who...?"

Examining my arm thoroughly for who knows how long, I sighed pulling my sleeve down as I laid back down on the bed again.

This is getting more dangerous than I thought. I have to know the function of this dark spell so I can counter it, but feeling like this I need to wait for a little while. The spell really took a lot of me.

Reaching for my waist where I was slashed, I felt nothing just itchy. Slowly sitting up once again, I removed the bandages to see a faint line from where a wound suppose to be.

Its finally healed. Guess being a Guardian has its perks.

I giggled at the thought.

Sighing, I moved my legs to dangle on the side of the bed as I heard the door to my room creaked open revealing a man with dark brown hair and bright blue eyes wearing a white tunic, brown trouser, and black boots.

"Bevin." I greeted with a nod and a smile.

With wide eyes in surprise, he smiled coming over to the bed beside me. "How are you holding up?" He softly asked with concern.

"I'm good. Just a bit tipsy but I'm good." I grinned closing my eyes facing him.

Sighing after a moment of silence, "Hilda?" He called out with uncertainity making me opening my eyes slightly tilting my head in question. "Is it true?" He hesitantly asked looking straight to my eyes. "A-are you really...?" He trailed off not knowing exactly how to word his question, though I knew instantly what he's trying to ask, making me sigh looking at the floor while swaying my feet.

"Yes." I simply stated unconsciously gripping the sheet of the bed tightly.

Moments later, I suddenly felt a hand over my mine surprising me out of my thoughts as I looked up at him who held an unreadable expression. As I was about to speak, he did something which I've never expected him to do stupefying me to the extent that my eyes almost went out of their sockets.