Morning Blues;

Paris

I groaned in desperation, looking at the clock in my office. My scrubs were beginning to become uncomfortable and after a 10 hour shift in the hospital, I was ready to go home.

"You good?" My brothers voice rang through the phone.

I sighed.
"Yeah. Who do you guys play tonight Klay?"

I am the half sister, of Klay, Mychel, and Trayce Thompson. Out of all my brothers, I was closest to Klay.

"Houston." He mumbled, a slight hint of fear in his voice.

"Is that fear I hear in your voice?"

"No. Not fear, just uncertainty."

"Wow. I never knew my brother was uncertain about any team the Warriors played." I said, leaning back in my seat.

"They're a tough team sis. I don't know if we're ready to go against them."

"You guys are ready, just don't stress to much. Just play basketball. This is a regular season game which will mean nothing come playoffs. I know you guys can flip the switch, so for right now just be the unstoppable Klay that I know you can be."

"Thanks P. What would I do without you little sis?" He smiled.

"I wonder that too."

He chuckled.
"Get back to work."

"Talk to you later brotha."

As I hung up, I got up and decided to go to the break room before I officially clocked out. I was about to walk in when I noticed that there were two people in there having a secretive conversation. My nosy ass decided to stand outside and just listen and that's what I did before I recognized the two voices, my boyfriend Malik, who was supposed to be working E.R. and Jessica, one of my coworkers.

"She doesn't know?" Jessica asked him.

"No. I can't exactly just tell my girlfriend that I got drunk and slept with you. I can see you've never been in an relationship." He sighed in frustration.

Anger rose within my face as I realized what the hell was happening. I quickly walked into the room and they both stopped their conversation.

"Hey baby." Malik said, kissing my cheek.

I pushed him off and glared at him.
"You cheated on me?"

He paused and sighed.
"You heard the conversation.."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes.
"We're done."

"No! Paris! Let me explain."

I walked out of the break room and back into my office with Malik hot on my trail. I grabbed my belongings as Malik continued to explain things to me.

"Malik stop. At the end of the day you still cheated on me. Whether you meant it or not! Control your alcohol and your dick next time." I mumbled, pushing my way out of my office and down to my supervisor so I could clock out.