Asking her out;

~A couple weeks later~
Paris

I sat back in my office filing papers. One annoying thing has been on my mind all week, Kyrie.
For some reason I couldn't shake the thought of him out of my head. Making up reasons as to why he hasn't contacted me yet, or thinking of going to a game just to bump into him. A knock on my office door interrupted my thoughts, thankfully.

"Come in." I said, placing my papers on the desk.

Malik walked in with a cup of coffee and a bear claw (the pastry).

I raised an eyebrow.
"What's this?" I asked, as he handed the items to me.

"I saw that they were selling pastries and I know that bearclaws are your favorite so I had to buy you one."

I looked from him to the cup of coffee then back to him.
"Thanks." I said, hesitantly.

He came closer to my desk.
"Have you given any thought to what we talked about?"

I sighed and bit my lip.
"I have work to do."

"No-Paris, don't run away from this."

I rolled my eyes and looked up at him.

"All I'm asking for is your forgiveness." He pleaded.

I stayed silent for a couple seconds before looking up at him.
"Forgiveness is not something I can offer right now.."

He sighed and backed away, a look of utter regret in his face which nearly made me jump into his arms.
"Enjoy your coffee." He mumbled, before walking out of the office.

Kyrie

I had just finished practice and was hanging out at Kevin's house, talking about our next couple games and just chillin. I was pretty happy with my life right now. I was getting over Kehlani, slowly but surely, my team was winning games, and the championship high from months ago was still lingering with me as we were making another run. Kevin got up to get some water and I pulled out my phone, randomly scrolling through my contacts when I landed on a specific name that made my eyes widen and gasp.
Paris❤️

"Aw shit." I mumbled to myself.

I had been so consumed with finishing our regular season games out strong and practicing that I haven't even texted Paris after getting her number.

"What's up with you?"

"Remember that girl at the Warriors game a couple weeks ago?"

"Yeah. The one that had you smiling like it was the Finals again."

I rolled my eyes.
"Yeah. Her. I got her number that night but I've been so busy with working out and getting ready for post season that I never even texted her."

"Damn. She's probably confused as hell wondering why this guy asked for my number and hasn't even contacted me since."

I rubbed my face and sighed.

"Text her."

"What should I say after not contacting her for weeks?"

"Just start by saying something simple like 'hey' then tell her why you haven't texted her yet."

I nodded, messaging her and hoping that she would respond quickly so Kevin could help me out with this. I'd never really been this nervous about texting someone.

Hey beautiful😊

I started second guessing myself.
Beautiful? How cliche is that!
Should I have used an emoji?
Was that to much?
A couple minutes later, my phone pinged with a notification, breaking my thoughts and calming me down.

Paris❤️: Hey Mr. MIA🤗

I slightly smiled and responded.

Sorry about disappearing like that..I should've texted you as soon as I got your number into my phone..

Paris❤️: It's okay. Your an NBA player. I know your schedules can be pretty hectic

"She's actually really understanding." I smiled.

"Aw. Someone's smitten. Ask the chick out."

"Wait what?"

"Yeah. You're obviously falling for this girl, why not?"

I nodded.
"You're right."

"I know I'm right."

I smiled and texted her.

Your free tonight??

Paris❤️: Yeah. Just give me a time and a place Mr. Irving

I turned to Kevin with a smile.
"Where would I be without you?"

"I ask myself that all the time." He sighed, grabbing the PlayStation remote.