Chapter 22

CHAPTER 22

Mal's POV

".... And that's what happened" Evie finished the story.

Evie, Dizzy and I dragged Carlos and Jay to the library where we huddled by the last bookshelf and we told them what we just saw thirty minutes ago.

Carlos and Jay was shock. "That jerk! I trusted him, I trusted him that will never hurt Y/N" Jay said.

"Hoe could he do something like that? Is this about the music project?" Carlos asked us. "We don't know. We haven't told Y/N that we saw Harry and Uma... You know" Evie whispered.

We were glad the librarian was out.

"We have to tell Y/N" Dizzy said. "How?" I asked. "Yeah no offense, Dizzy but you haven't seen Y/N crash and burn. Like actual crash and burn. Last time we hid something from her she nearly broke my 3D printer and broke the door" Carlos pointed out.

"Oh" Dizzy mumbled. "Actually that's a good idea" Evie said, "We have to tell Y/N. But we have to find a way to tell her without freaking her out.

"Oh yeah. Like when you tell someone that their boyfriend kissed someone they're not gonna a freak out" I sassed. "What do you expect we do?" Evie questioned.

"I can try to put a spell on her--- Wait no. I don't want to harm Y/N" I stopped talking when I realized that my idea sucks.

"Yeah. Exactly" Evie breathe out.

We stayed there in silence. Primarily because we heard voices. I peaked through the bookshelves and saw Chad and his gang.

"Chad Charming?" Carlos whispered. He also peaked by the bookshelves. "What the hell is Chad Charming doing in the library?" Jay questioned.

"I don't care about Charming" Evie hissed. I rolled my eyes, "Come on" I mumbled. "You guys don't mind if we miss other classes right? Let's lock ourselves in my room" I said.

Everyone agreed and we ran to our room.

"Got any ideas? Things would've been easier if I could use my spell book on Y/N" I said. "Why don't we tell her tonight? All of us" Carlos said, "And we'll try to take it slow and not burst everything"

Since we don't have any more ideas, we agreed. We avoided Harry and Uma for the rest of the day, well we mainly locked ourselves in mine and Evie's dorm room. We just left when we need to get food.

By the time dinner was ready, we hurriedly rushed to the cafeteria, took some food and sneaked them to our room again. We knew Harry would sit with us, cause we're the only ones he trusts the most. And when there's Harry, there's Uma.

And besides, Y/N told us she's gonna sit with Elliot so we texted her to meet us in mine and Evie's room when it's lights off.

We made Dizzy pretend like she's Y/N and we rehearsed how we're going to tell her.

"So Y/N" Evie began, twiddling with her thumbs. "You know how we all became friends and we promised each other we'll be honest and everything. We promised that whatever happens, we'll tell everything and--"

"Eve where is this going?" Dizzy interrupted, pretending to be Y/N, even using the nickname Y/N gave to Evie.

"I think you may have realized how Uma and Harry are starting to  hang out again and that's basically how you stopped talking to him and had a new relationship with Elliot, not that you are cheating on Harry I mean, you don't even know if you guys are cool and--"

Carlos was interrupted when someone knocks on the door. "M? Eve?" Y/N's very familiar soft and angelic voice was heard at the other side of the door.

Our eyes widen and we panicked. "Already? I thought she's going to hang out with Elliot!" I whispered-yelled.

"We told her to meet us by lights off!" Jay said, "That's like two hours away! Why is she here so early?"

Evie rushed to open the door while Carlos scolds Dude to shut his mouth. There, we saw Y/N standing at the other side of the door. "Oh! The guys are here too! Good thing I brought doughnuts, muffins and drinks" she held up three paper bags.

She looks so happy, I don't want to ruin her mood!

She entered our room and set her stuffs down. Dude jumps on the table, opens the box of doughnuts with his nose and took a piece before running to sit on the corner, watching this whole interaction.

I elbowed Evie, "So Y/N--" she began.

"Oh my God. You guys would never believe what just happened today. Elliot and I basically left school for, like the rest of the day and we explored the whole island. There were a bunch of secret doors and passages that we haven't seen, and I know you guys haven't seen as well, and I figured I should take you guys there and maybe have a little picnic and just hang out like the old times?" Y/N smiled widely.

"That sounds really nice Y/N--" I began but she interrupted me again. "Oh and we stayed but the little lake where a cute little bunny appeared out of nowhere and scared the crap out of Elliot. He jumped and screamed and fell in the lake. It was hella funny" Y/N laughed.

"And then we met a doe with her little baby and I immediately fell in love with the pair. They were so adorable and I was having a hard time leaving them" Y/N said. "I planned to sneak them inside but Elliot said I had way too many pets in my own room and that--"

I didn't know what came over me. I knew I was going to break Y/N's heart and her happy mood when I say this. I couldn't keep my mouth shut. I know this is wrong and that I shouldn't do this to my own best friend but I can't just let her wake up one day and let other people tell her that Harry and Uma are now dating.

I'm so sorry Y/N.

"Harry Hook is cheating on you" I said. The others gasp at my sudden reaction. Dude dropped the doughnut from his mouth.

One of the most heartbreaking scene was the look of horror in Y/N's face. She stopped talking about her day, the huge smile on her face vanished as she tried to process the things I just announced and she dropped the cup of drink from her hand, the contents spilling around her as the cup fell to the floor.

Tears started to fill her eyes, her hands shaking.

"Harry-- He did what?" she stuttered.

*************

What do you think will happen next to the story?

Vote.
Comment.
Follow.