Beliefs

"Shield of Pallax!"

A shield bursts in front of Millie and shields both her and Lynie from the attacks. Lynie then proceeds to chant a fire spell at the incoming enemies. As the shield breaks, she points at the enemies and shouts, "Flames of Avarice!"

Flames burst from the ground and incinerates the enemies, burning them to a crisp. As the tension dies down, both of them slump to the ground, panting from exhaustion. After the short break they stand up and proceed down the hall. They walk in silence until Millie decides to break it.

"Um, we used a lot of magic, don't you think?" she said with worry. She wasn't used to this usage of magic. It's more than the usual.

"That Ultima, I thought it was bad but I didn't think it was this bad. Had to use everything we got on every monster." Lynie said, annoyed by the fact that he didn't say the monsters were so strong that they needed to give their all. She thought it was your everyday-out of the city-monster.

Then they thought about the dark figure that appeared during their meeting. Clearly, he has an interest on Ultima and was out to get him. But there is something about the figure. Something familiar....

"Hey, do you think that Alpha guy looked like just Ultima?" Millie asks.

Lynie chuckles. "Tall, dark, brooding, and edgy?" Millie sweatdrops at the description.

Lynie walks ahead of her and Millie follows. "Well, yeah. They look the same but something's off. Like, Alpha's seeks for destruction and chaos while Ultima's gives off a uncaring aura."

Millie shakes her head in disapproval. "I disagree with Ultima's. He kinda cared about keeping the school intact and the people safe when he ordered us. He looks frantic during that time."

Lynie stops from her tracks and glares at Millie. She stomps towards her and shoves her. "Why are you always optimistic? You can't just be positive to everything!" She then runs off to the path they are asked to take.

Millie looks at her retreating figure with saddened eyes. She grips her chest and thought about what she said. Am I really that too positive to people?, she thought.

Lynie is also at the same situation as she thought about her outlook on her life. Am I really that negative to everything?, she thought.
-----------------------------------------------------------
As daughters of both white and dark mages, they live their life by the way they are thought. Lynie always admired her father and she always find a way to get her to train the best dark spells he knew. Eventually, she knew everything he could offer so he advices her something.

"Lynie, remember that everything in your life is not all smiles. Sometimes, we have to expect the worse." he said with a pat on her head.

At the same time, Millie learned everything her mother could offer as well so she tells her advice with a genuine smile in her face. "Everything in life has a happy moment. So expect it at every second of it."

Lynie and Millie let it sink and not to their parents. After some time has passed, they got a mission that might have them to leave for awhile. They then give the school to their grandfather and went their way, saying goodbye to their daughters.

Little did they know, their daughters may get their advice too much.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Millie was trying to strike a conversation when the ground suddenly shakes and they hold their ground. A pillar of murk appears in front of them and they fired spells at it. The attacks however seemed to be ineffective as the pillar absorbed the damage. Seeing that any attacks won't pierce it, they called the others to see if they had encountered this... thing.

The call is immediately picked up and Lynie opened the video camera for others to do it as well. "Guys, you've encountered this as well, right?"

"Yeah, but as soon as my katana made contact, the portion of it that collided to the pillar shattered. I'm currently using my magic to repair it." Yusha said, her hands on her half - shattered katana. They see Ez firing some of his rounds but failed as well as his bullets seem to go into the pillar but not piercing.

"Anna joined me a few minutes ago and we also tried to- Hey! Stop!" Ultima exclaims and tackles Anna as she fires her light magic-infused arrow and it exploded on contact. "Ana, try to at least give a distance to your firing. It could have been us that exploded."

"Well, at least we know it can't be destroyed." Anna smiles smugly with her hands on her waist like a certain superhero. Ultima just sighs in defeat.

"Well, let's try to avoid at all costs. I'll call grandfather to warn the other Protectors." Millie said and went on calling Ramyah. They all nodded and Lynie ended the call. Just then, more pillars sprung and they had to dodge and weave at every one of them. However, Lynie noticed a pattern from them and told Millie to follow that pattern.

They followed the path and soon, many pillars suddenly appeared from the path and stopped when they felt an ominous force. Millie casted a shield and forced themselves to the source. After a few minutes, the shield suddenly disappeared and their eyes widen at the sight in front of them.

It was a dark purple portal that produces some of the monsters. They watch as the portal shoots out murk and transformed into a goblin. They hid to a nearby column and readied their weapons. They looked at each other and nodded. They sprung out of their hiding place and unloaded their strongest yet.

"Luminous Arc Ray!"

"Raging Plague!"

Both spells hit the portal and a dark and white explosion is produced. After a few seconds, the portal is no more. They left as Ultima called them to go to Sector E. As they were leaving, a very dark flame went above them and flown to a direction.

Unfortunately, they did not see it.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Where have I been?

Busy as heck.

Also, I lost the inspiration of this chapter so I can't write this until I saw RWBY Amity Arena. Sorry for inconvenience.

As always, I'll put this story in top priority so I will promise to post quickly.

Adieu!