Story 26

This was written as a sort of catharsis for me. This is what I call "pouring my problems onto a character so that for at least a little while I don't feel so alone because heck sometimes I really want to die". I'm sorry if it's bad or if you don't like it but... Yeah
Warnings: Past self harm, serious suicidal thoughts and actions, and severe self deprecation
If any of these things will hurt you in any way, then please don't read this
(I'm writing something happier now, I promise)
~~~~~~

"Dipper Pines is dating someone? Oh, this is TOO HILARIOUS!!!" Dipper gasped in surprise as a mocking voice sounded from behind him, and a hand reached past him into his locker. The person grabbed the picture of him and Bill that he had taped up, and yanked it down. Dipper whirled around and found Gideon and two of his friends smirking at him, one of the boys holding the picture. Despite the fact that Dipper was two years older than all three of them, he was only the average height for a sixteen year old teenager, and therefore was the second shortest. Not to mention, he was so scrawny that it was no wonder he didn't appear the least bit threatening.
"Now now, there's no need to be so rude!" Gideon replied to his friend's comment. "I'm sure they're a perfectly lovely couple!" Gideon plucked the picture from the boy's grasp and began to examine it. Dipper clenched his fists, but said nothing. Gideon gave a fake gasp of shock. "My, how surprisin'! How'd you get an older man to like you? Yer nothin'!" Gideon's tone went from sweet to snarling in seconds, and Dipper swallowed back the words that threatened to pour forth from his mouth, opting for silence instead. It wasn't his fault that Bill's human form appeared to be in its early to middle twenties, carving an age gap in appearance between the two. Well, at least it was a smaller difference than the actual age gap that lay between the two. Gideon sneered at him.
"Answer me, Pines! Or do you want this pretty little picture of yours torn in two?" That finally coaxed a reaction out of the brunette, who let a small cry loose.
"No! Don't... I... I'm not sure how." he confessed, tugging at the edges of his hoodie sleeves. Gideon noticed this action and laughed.
"I suppose it really is too hilarious! Yer just a depressed mess, aren't you?" Dipper scowled at the white haired boy, while Gideon's two friends cackled.
"Go away please." he ordered from behind gritted teeth. Gideon shook his head in mock sadness.
"A'int it a shame? One day yer little boyfriend will see how much better off he is without you. And he'll leave you, just like yer sister did." Dipper's eyes widened at the mention of Mabel, and his face went sheet white.
"Don't you dare mention her." he whispered. "You loved her once." And indeed, a small amount of sadness flashed behind Gideon's piggish eyes. But it was gone in a second, and Dipper knew that Gideon wasn't really troubled by thoughts of Mabel anymore.
"And don't you order me around, boy! I listen to no one!" There was a loud rip as Gideon tore the photograph he was holding in two. Dipper bit back another cry, as sharp tears pricked at the corners of his eyes. Gideon dropped the two pieces and laughed as he walked away, flanked by his two friends. Dipper waited until they were out of sight, before dropping to his knees and quickly picking up the ripped halves of the photo. The picture was the last one that Mabel ever took. Bill had convinced him to switch hats, so the worn blue and white truckers cap that the brunette usually wore sat sideways on the demon's head, while a small black top hat (somehow) hovered a few inches over Dipper's head. The two boys were making a triangle with their hands, Dipper smiling almost sheepishly while Bill's grin was as wide as ever. Dipper could practically hear Mabel's laughter, as she was giggling the entire time she was taking the picture that he was holding. The picture that was now in pieces.
Laying the two halves facedown in his locker, he shut the metal door and trudged off to class. Numbness crashed down upon him, and it was as if his emotions had just... shut off. Mind in a state of static and darkness, he wasn't able to focus in any of his classes, and he moved like a wraith through the halls. Noticed by no one. And he noticed none of them either, as if a dense fog had clouded his senses. He only showed a bit of life when he got on the bus and put his earbuds in. He nearly sighed out loud as Brendon Urie's godlike voice filled his ears. The only person he knew who could sing as well as Brendon was Bill. Because damn, if his boyfriend didn't have the same vocal range. Dipper leaned his face against the cool window of the bus, closing his eyes, and quietly humming along to Nine In The Afternoon. It was easily lost in the din of people talking, and in turn, Dipper lost himself in the music. He got off at his stop, and walked the rest of the way to the Mystery Shack. He took out his earbuds as he unlocked the front door, and gasped as a blonde seemingly appeared out of nowhere and tackled him in a hug.
"PINE TREE!!!" Bill almost squealed, and Dipper smiled as he hugged his boyfriend back. Warmth bloomed in his chest, gently interrupting the static cloud of numbness. If only for a bit.
"Hi Bill." he greeted, breathing in the blonde's comforting scent of burnt vanilla. Bill was dressed casually in a yellow hoodie and black sweatpants as he worked in the gift shop of the Mystery Shack, and couldn't very well dirty any of his good clothes for a pitiful meatsack job. He was barefoot, for whatever reason, and his blonde hair was mussed wildly. Dipper couldn't help but think that it looked like someone had run their hands through it. Someone other than him or Bill himself. Gideon's words echoed through his mind. One day yer little boyfriend will see how much better off he is without you. And he'll leave you, just like yer sister did.
"–e Tree?" Bill's voice cut through his thoughts, and Dipper gave a small squeak as he started in surprise. Bill's visible eye was examining him worriedly, and Dipper hastily gave a humorless laugh.
"Yes, Bill?"
"You weren't listening to me, were you?" Bill asked. Dipper guiltily shook his head, and Bill sighed.
"Fez made me clean the gross blue-box-with-an-equally-disgusting-white-hole-in-it thing again." he whined.
"The portable toilet? Again?" Dipper replied. Bill nodded and flopped against the brunette.
"You have no idea of the abuse that I go through at Fez's hands." he said in a faux-oppressed voice. Dipper gently petted Bill's hair, taming the blonde locks.
"I'm sorry that Stan puts you through that." he said absentmindedly. Bill made a noise of indifference.
"Why are you sorry? I don't need your weird meatsack pity." Dipper started, like someone had pricked him in the back with a pin, before his shoulders slumped once again.
"...oh." he said in a slightly deflated voice. Bill didn't notice this, and chattered on about different things that had happened around the Shack. A tinge of jealousy stung at Dipper's mind when Bill took the time to especially highlight the visit of a girl who had flirted with the blonde. Dipper wondered if this girl was the reason for Bill's messy hair, and he ran his hand through his boyfriend's hair, messing it up again in his own right. It didn't really matter, did it? Dipper shook his head. How pitiful of him, to be jealous over such a small thing. Acting just like the failure that he was.
If he wasn't so messed up, then maybe Mabel wouldn't... be gone. Maybe Bill wouldn't be stuck with a pathetic, clingy, piece of trash for a boyfriend.
This really all was his fault, wasn't it?
~~~~~~~~~~~