𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER ELEVEN( moo shu to go, part i )

CHAPTER ELEVEN
( moo shu to go, part i )

If there was one thing about Jax that hadn't changed ever since he was a kid, it was the fact that he doesn't do what he was told. That habit of his only seemed to grow more frequent ever since he became older over the years. Isabelle had noticed how the werewolf's face was even paler than usual and she honestly couldn't blame him-Jax probably thought that he was going to die when he saw how close the memory demon was to getting him. She told him to rest, even went as far as to making sure he was lying down on his bed before she eventually left him alone.

Although Jax appreciated that Isabelle was looking out for him, he can't just do nothing all day long. With that thought in his head, and after making sure that neither Alec nor Isabelle was loitering around in the hallway outside, he sneaked out of his room. He was planning on finding Clary, he figured she'd be somewhere with Jace in the training room but unfortunately for him, he saw Alec instead. The raven haired boy was crouched down on the floor, putting his stele back into his pocket. Jax quickly turned around to leave but then cursed under his breath when he heard Alec calling out to him.

"Shouldn't you be resting?" Alec asked the moment he walked over to the werewolf. Alec crossed his arms and although it sounded like Alec was scolding him, Jax could see the hint

"Nothing's happened to me, I'm perfectly fine!" Jax insisted, not wanting to be fussed over. He really thought that they were all overreacting about this whole thing. To him, he simply just passed out after the incident and woke up seconds later. He didn't see the way Alec, Isabelle, and especially Clary were panicking as they thought they'd lost him forever.

"I saw those claw marks on your ankles, Jax," Alec pointed out causing Jax to sigh, he was hoping nobody would notice but it seems like nothing escapes Alec. The demon's tight clutches had indeed left their mark on both of his ankles but Jax simply walked it off since it barely even hurt.

"They're just bruises, Alec, they're gonna heal in like a day," truth was they won't, but Alec doesn't need to know that. If Alec found out the real reason why those bruises don't heal as fast as they should've with his werewolf healing, that would only bring more questions. So instead, Jax quickly changed the subject, "What were you doing anyways? Is crouching on the floor a part of your shadowhunter workout routine or?"

Alec rolled his eyes. "No, I was confiscating Clary's necklace in a compartment on the floor," he said as he started walking down the hallway. He didn't have a particular destination as to where he was going but he slowed down his usual fast paced walk so Jax could casually keep up beside him.

The werewolf furrowed his eyebrows, something Alec noticed he does when he was confused. "Confiscate? Why the hell would you do that? That necklace was the last thing Jocelyn gave her, it means a lot to Clary."