Can i borrow a pencil?

After a while of us talking about nothing, the bell ringed and we all go to homeroom. Only me and Melanie were in the same class and the same schedule.

The teacher was taking a name call till someone new walked in. "Hi, I'm Pete.. Pete Wentz... I'm new... I-I was told to come here." The new kid said standing the doorway.

He looked like an emo kid. Judging by his black hair covering a side of his face, and the eyeliner circling his eyes. Also by his black and purple hoodie and black skinny jeans.

"Ah, Mr. Wentz please, take a seat." The teacher said pointing to a Desk next to mine. Pete nodded and sat. "Can I borrow a pencil?" He whispered to me. "Yeah," I said back and gave him a pencil

"Thanks... so?"

"so what?"

"What's your name?"

"Patrick."

"Patrick.. p-a-t-r-i-c-k.. Patrick.. pat-rick.. pat.. trick.." he said to himself as I watched. "Is ok if I call you pat?" He said and turned to me

"Yeah, it's what my friends call me."

" so people call you that already?"

"Yeah?"

"Then can I call you trick?"

"Pete, Patrick do I need to separate people on the first day?" The teacher called.

"No way would you have to do that?" Pete said back

"No you don't," I said before the teacher can respond "sorry" I could only feel the eyes on me. And I knew who's eyes there where. So I looked back and stuck my tongue at Melanie. She had her big annoying smile I'm her face. So I rolled my eyes and turned back to Pete.

"Yes, you can call me trick." I smiled and he did the same back.

*time lapse after school*

School was over and I was on my way home... till I was stopped by Melanie.

"HEY PAT!" She called trying to catch up to me. "So you and the new kid?"

"What about him?" I responded feeling the red come to my cheeks.

"He's cute... well not for me...BUT for you.... you like him?"

"Maybe a little bit... but it's not like he likes me, he's more than likely straight... and I and he are like really different."

"You don't know if he is or isn't and so what?" She offered and I rolled my eyes at her. "When are you telling your parents?" She changed the subject.

I was silent for a bit until answering. "I'll make a deal"

"Ok?"

"If I can get a boyfriend then I'll tell  them"

"Fine"

"Ok this my stop," I said as we came to my house "I love you"

"I love you too," she said back