Chapter 7.

"Welcome to Clan McKladdon, lass." 

The elderly lady, whom Cambryn introduced earlier as his aunt Lydia. Bella smiled and curtsied to the woman, she was about to speak, when Maggie chose that moment to break the silence. 

     "I do beg your pardon M'lady, but I must go and see to the feeding of my daughter, would you happen to have any milk that I may feed her with, as I ran out of the supply that I had with me."

Lydia smiled at Bella, then she grabbed a hold of her hands and kissed both of her cheeks, 

     "My child, there is no need to stand on ceremony..., You will soon be apart of Clan Mckladdon, and we speak to each other using our first names! And please, my girl, call me Lydia, or Auntie as you may so choose. As to the feeding of the Bairn, come with me and I will show you myself, where you can fetch the milk." 

Bella was about to bow to Lydia, but she stopped herself. She then adjusted, Maggie to lay in the crook of her arm and she started to accompany Lydia to the kitchens.

Cambryn watched with amusement, as he saw his Aunt Lydia to lead Bella away from the Great Hall. It was fortunate that Lydia had a welcoming and friendly demeanor, and welcomed all who entered the clan, that Cambryn brought with him.
Then out of the corner of his eye, he saw Kollen step towards him cautiously, turning around, Cambryn bent down to the lad's height and ruffled his hair. 

  "Are you going to accompany your mama, and my aunt to the kitchens?"

The boy shook his head and spoke not a word. Now that Kollen was the man of his small family, Cambryn wondered if, he would be interested in learning to fight and defend himself against an enemy. With that thought in mind, Cambryn signaled Finley to come forward and started introducing him to the lad.
    "Finley! Could you begin training Kollen in using weapons, so that he'll know how to defend himself and his family?"

Finley bowed his head, 

     "At once, my Laird. Come along, Kollen... Let's head out to the training fields and I will introduce you to the rest of the men."

Kollen smiled, hugged Cambryn, and ran after Finley's retreating back.