Chapter 17.

Bella was sitting at the table in the great hall of her father's keep, nursing baby Maggie, when both her father and Camryn and Kollan entered the room. She looked up at them when she caught them mentioning Rickards name.

     "Are you positive that Baldie will make an attempt to sneak into my keep and try a hand in kidnapping Bella?" Cambryn asked her father.

Tearlach nodded his head. 

     "I'd admit that I was only in his company for a few days, yet within that amount of time, I was able to spy on the doings of his army. He's not a very smart guy, even though he thinks he is. However, I was able to find a way to get some vital information from none other than Robert Crane. That man doesn't conceal the hate that he feels for his laird."

Oh did Bella know that for the truth? Robert Crane was an outspoken and vile man, why just seeing how he treated his wife and son alone, caused Bella to shudder.

Bella could easily see, that Cambryn was becoming frustrated with the turn of everything and was annoyed that their impending nuptials had to be put on hold because they were going to be attacked by the moron who thought that he had the right to rule everything and everyone near him. Cambryn slammed his fist on the table in anger, 

    "Enough! Let's get down to planning on how we're going to maintain our defenses! Who else are we waiting for, before we begin?"

Tearlach sighed heavily. He was about to answer when he heard the door to the great hall open and shut when he looked up, he smiled when he saw Romona enter the room.

      "Laird Mckladdon, I'd like to introduce you to our healer Reign McKenzie."

Cambryn was momentarily struck speechless when he saw her face. He looked behind her and stared at Bella, then brought back his gaze to Reign. 

   "When you mentioned that she resembled Bella, you weren't kidding. Are you sure that she's not related to Elsa?"

Tearlach folded his arms across his chest and grunted. 

   "If I was aware of that fact I would be ecstatic. However, it's just a mere coincidence. Isn't that right lass?"

Reign nodded. 

    "Yes. Laird Mckladdon, my father is actually a second cousin to my laird. So the only reason why I look like my laird's daughter is that she resembles him a little more than the late mistress." She said. Cambryn nodded, then returned to the details of the plans. 

      "Anyways, now that you are here, let's begin making plans. Cambryn said as he turned back to Tearlach. " My men are ready to protect the keep, but I think it would be best to come up with a better plan, just in case, Rickard does attempt to sneak into my keep."

A thought popped into her head, and before the men could speak, Bella got up from where she was sitting and approached the dais.

     "I have an idea."

All heads turned in her direction, which made Bella gulp, but she shrugged it off and went forward and proceeded to make her point.

      "What if, we make them believe that we are not aware that they are expected. And the moment that they are within the keep, we surround them and attack!"