Chapter 21.

Everyone who was friends of Laird Cambryn McKladdon and Laird Tearlach McKenzie came to the wedding, to celebrate the nuptials of Cambryn and the fair lady Bella Skye McKenzie. Even people who have sworn to be enemies of each other in the past set aside their differences and attended the wedding. Bella was once again in her bedchamber getting fitted for a new gown as the old one she worn previously was seen by Cambryn before their wedding could take place. And with the recent troubles that they had with both Rickard Baldie and Robert Crane, they didn't want to invite more bad luck. This time she was dressed in a soft leaf green gown with long silk cream sleeves, and a flowing train. Her glossy black hair was adorned with sea pearls and shells held together with vines and leaves. Bella felt even more beautiful than before, because this time she knew in her heart, that she truly loved Cambryn.

The patience he had shown when they were both waiting for Kollon to get well, truly captured her heart. She knew that he would make an excellent father to their future little ones.

Her door opened and her father poked his head in and inquired if she was ready to be married. Bella blushed when she saw the look on her father's face.

    "Oh. My dear, you look so much like your mother right at this moment. I only wish she was still with us so that she could help me escort you down to the great hall and watch you get married."

Bella wiped away a tear that fell down her father's leathery face and smiled at him. She kissed his cheek and smiled at him, 'She already is here, papa. In Spirit. I am positive that if she was here, she would be standing before me crying tears of joy."

Tearlach gathered her into his arms and hugged her tightly. He was so thrilled that his beloved Elsa gave birth to this beautiful and kind-hearted lass. A lass he was honored to have sired. Now through her, he would no longer have to die alone, as he had her and his grandchildren as well as the future grandbabies that she would give him. Clearing his throat, Tearlach took a hold of her arm, placed it on his and began their journey down the stairs and the awaiting groom.

The Hall was filled to capacity with men and woman and children. Even their King was in attendance. King William II  was seated in the laird's chair, drinking heather ale and waiting to give his blessing to the happy couple. The noises in the hall were hushed when Tearlach and Bella descended from the stairs and into the hall. All were in awe of her beauty, even the king was mesmerized. Though all the stares coming her way was making Bella more and more nervous. So much so, that she halted briefly in her steps. Tearlach only gave her a reassuring squeeze on her arm and start walking again.  

When they made it to the front of the dais, where the king was sitting, Bella blushed all the more. She then curtsied to him and bowed her head and waited for his blessing. King William held her hand to his lips and kissed her, placing his other hand on her shoulder, he gave her his blessing to wed.

  "I thank you, your majesty. I am honored that you have come all this way to attend me and Cambryn's wedding."

King William only nodded his head and looked over at the front of the hall and signaled the priest to begin the wedding. Bowing again, Bella got up from the floor and walked with her father towards the love of her life..., Cambryn McKladdon.

Cambryn could not believe his luck. Here he was, standing and waiting for his bride to join him. He felt a tug on his kilt and when he glanced down he saw Kollon smiling up at him. Bending down he ruffled the boy's hair and smiled back. 

       "What do you need, son."

Kollan grinned up at him. 

     "Can I really call you that now?" 

      "Call me what, Kollon?"

"Papa. Can I call you Papa?" Cambryn's heart warmed all over. "Of Course you can. I am marrying your mother, so I would be honored, if you felt like calling me, papa."

"Can Maggie call you papa too?"

Cambryn laughed. "Of course she can. By the time she learns to talk, I will be her father. Now here comes your mother, stand close to me, son, and let us wait for her to come to our side.

When Bella made it to them, she bent down and kissed her son on the cheek and laughed lightly when she saw his face flush red. She took a hold of Cambryn's arm and together they bowed their heads to the priest that King William brought along, as well as their own Father Rabbie who belonged to the McKladdon Clan. In a loud voice, the priest began proclaiming the wedding blessing to not only the bride and the groom but to all who were in the hall. 

He spoke to them saying:

  "May God go with you and bless you, May you see your children's children, 

May you be poor in misfortune and rich in blessings, May you know nothing but happiness from this day forward. May joy and peace surround you both, Contentment latch your door, And happiness be with you now And God Bless you Evermore.

May the laughter of children grace the halls of your home. May the good Lord embrace you with the arms that have nurtured you the whole length of your joy-filled days. 

May the gracious God hold you both in the palm of His hands. And, today, may the Spirit of Love find a dwelling place in your hearts."  

He then turned his gaze to the bride and the groom and told them that it was now time to turn to each other and say their vows of love to each other.