Chapter 10: Broken Smiles

Grayson's POV
Seeing y/n cry was the saddest thing I've ever witnessed. Seeing her so broken inside, made my heart sink. Of course I was pissed off at the guy, but y/n needed someone to comfort her right now. It's not the time to fight.

She was still silently crying in mine and Ethan's arms. Why did we let her tell us, if she was obviously distressed about it? I knew we should've just let the topic slide.

"I'm sorry, it just-" y/n paused.

"Shhh. It's okay, don't worry." I soothed.

I slightly pulled y/n closer to me and rested her head on my chest. I wrapped my arms around her; forcing Ethan to release his grip. I was usually better at comforting people more than Ethan; so I'm sure he isn't bothered by it much. Maybe that's why he gave in easily.

Ethan's POV
What Grayson did, was a dick move. When he tugged y/n away from me, I became unbelievably frustrated. I knew what he was doing, and I didn't like it.

Sure, he's better with broken smiles than I am, but that doesn't mean he could just pry her from my arms.

"Guys," y/n sniffed.

Grayson and I gave her our undivided attention when she spoke.

"Maybe we should go. I have work tomorrow." She finished.

"Okay, Ethan can drive us home." Grayson offered.

"Y-yeah. Sure." I said pleasantly.

'Dick.' I thought. I mean, I don't have a problem driving y/n home at all, but I knew what Grayson was doing; and again: I didn't like it. He tossed me the keys and I jumped in the drivers seat.

I buckled my seatbelt and checked my surroundings. When I looked through the rear view mirror, I saw Grayson and y/n snuggling and exchanging long glances at one another. I looked down to my thighs and sighed.

I know she'll never see me the same way I see her, and I guess I'll just have to live with that.

Your POV
Grayson's hugs were the best. I felt so at ease, and safe; but for some reason, I wanted Ethan. I know he's probably still mad at me, but I crave his affection. I miss him.

That moment we had in the sauna the other day, opened my eyes a little bit. I knew I liked him the moment we made eye contact, but my feelings further developed after I found out that he felt the same.

But maybe not, I mean, obviously he doesn't. He would've told me; right? Maybe it was just a 'spur of the moment' thing after all.

All these thoughts were running wild through my mind, when I was missing the main thing. I know I'm missing something big. But I don't know what it is yet.

As Ethan continued to drive though deserted grounds, I could feel Grayson staring at me. We were seated next to each other, but still snuggling in a way. His arms were still around my torso, and the back of my head was still leaned up against his chest.

I slowly turned my head towards him and made intense eye contact with him. Grayson smiled at me and sighed.

"What?" I quietly giggled.