Chapter 13: No Regrets

Grayson's POV
Despite the way I've treated y/n, I honestly missed her so much. I especially missed the way she made me laugh, and feel. I felt so loved by her. Happy. She was a ray of sunshine.

Suddenly, I let go of her; slowly loosing my grip. I only ended our hug because I remembered that Ethan was supposed to be here as well.

"Hey, where's Ethan?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" She said confused.

"Didn't he come here?" My heart began to beat fast.

"Umm, no. Just you." She said slowly; still confused.

"Great." I scoffed.

"What happened?" She asked.

I shook my head, signaling her that everything was okay. I picked up my phone and dialed his number. I quickly sprung it up to my ear as I listened to it ring obnoxiously. Suddenly I hear laughter, and a "What's up Gray?" From Ethan.

"Where are you? Didn't you say you were gonna come to y/n's house?" I asked.

"Oh yeah. I, uh- I didn't go." He said as if he wasn't giving his full attention to me.

"Well where are you?" I asked frustrated.

"Chill dude, I'm at Meredith's house." He chuckled.

"Your ex?!" I exclaimed.

I saw y/n's eyes jolt to mine as I said that. She scrunched her eyebrows, looking for an explanation through my facial expressions. I shook my head at her again, assuring her that it's nothing. But I know it's not.

Ethan's POV
"What's wrong with that?" I asked offensively.

"Didn't she cheat on you?!" He asked.

"I left that in the past, and now we're friends." I explained, annoyed.

"Whatever dude. Just come home, I have a surprise." He said smiling through the other end. I could always tell when he's smiling, even if we're not face to face.

"Alright. Catch you later." I sighed.

As we ended our phone calls, I spotted Meredith walking to me from the kitchen with wine glasses. I could tell that the smirk on her face meant that she didn't have good intentions.

"No, I'm good. I have to drive back home." I said shaking my head.

"Come on! Just one?" She said with a different pitch in her voice than usual.

"No, I really can't drive with that shit in my system." I chuckled.

"You don't have to drive." She said while smirking.

"Why? Are you gonna drive me home?" I asked.

"Well, who says you have to go home?" She said seductively.

She passed me the glass of wine and watched me take a long sip while biting her lip. I knew where this was going, but I didn't care.