Chapter 12: Alone

Ethan's POV
Y/n just stormed out of the house and I went after her. I was trying to catch up but Grayson held me back before I could reach the door.

"What the fuck dude?!" I yelled, trying to shake his hands off of me.

"Stop! She wants to be alone!" He argued.

"No she doesn't! She needs someone right now!! No one should feel alone, at a point like this!" I screamed.

"Ethan just let it be!! Obviously she doesn't want to see us!" He yelled.

"Then why'd you invite her over? Try to fuckin seduce her or something?!" I growled/screamed.

"What the fuck, dude? No!! The hell's YOUR problem? And I didn't even invite her over, she said that YOU did!!" He said angry and confused.

"Wait, What?" I asked myself.

"Why would she-?" I asked again before coming to a realization.

She just wanted a friend. She just wanted to hang out with Gray and I, and we treated her like this. I feel like a shitty ass person right now.

"Shit!" I said still trying to release myself from Grayson's grip.

"Ethan!! Just stop!" He yelled while turning me to him. Once he forced me to make eye contact with him, he continued.

"E, just give up. She doesn't feel the same, bro." He said.

"What?!" I asked, pretending that I didn't know what he was talking about.

"She will never feel the same!! Just give it a rest!" He responded.

Once I heard y/n's ignition turn on, I knew I was too late. A tear strolled down my face as I heard her tires run far from our house. I know she'll never come back now.

"Leave me the fuck alone." I growled.

I pushed him off of me harshly, and hurried to my keys. I picked them up and was about to leave, but i had to tell Grayson.

"She just wanted a friend, you know." I said with a shaky voice.

"Or YOU just wanted her to like you back." He said.

"I already told you. I don't like her." I muttered.

All I heard was a harsh sigh before running out of the house. I sprinted to my car and jumped in. Once I began to drive, I came to the realization that y/n really DOESN'T feel the same way I do.

She wouldn't have stopped our kiss if she liked me. She wouldn't have said that we weren't an 'us' if she liked me. And she wouldn't have hurt me the way she did, if she liked me.

Now that I know how she feels about me and how she'll never feel about me, i should just stop trying all together. I can't keep getting hurt like this. I need to move on, and Lord knows how hard that'll be. But it has to be done.

I stopped the car as soon as it started, made a U turn, and retreated to a friend's house; hurt, and alone.

Grayson's POV
I know Ethan likes y/n; it's too easy to tell. And I also know that something happened between them. I don't know what, but I know something did.

I just don't want Ethan to get hurt. I know she doesn't like him, or me; so I can understand why he's upset. I swear I'm only doing this for HIS benefit. Not mine.

He still hasn't gotten back, and it's been over an hour. Maybe he's already talking to her. Maybe he's trying to smooth talk his way back into her life, when clearly she doesn't want anything to do with us.

I sigh at the thought of how I treated her. How crappy she must've felt. How heartbroken and disappointed. I honestly feel like shit, knowing I caused that beautiful soul, harm. But she needs space. Space to think; to process.

Who am I kidding? She was just hurt severely by the only people she trusted. She has been such a huge impact on mine and Ethan's lives. And THIS is how we thanked her?

She doesn't deserve to be alone. She doesn't deserve me; or Ethan. But what she DOES deserve, is someone to be with her right now. I need to make up with her. And even if she doesn't accept my apology now, I'll keep trying until we're cool again.

I jolt up and grab my keys while making a dramatic exit to my car. I zoomed through the streets and thought real hard about what I was going to say. Hopefully I don't freeze up, but Ethan will be there with me.

So I'm pretty sure it won't be that big of a deal.

Your POV
I was heartbroken. After I trusted them with my biggest, darkest, secret, they just turned on me. And I honestly have no FUCKING idea WHY!! I never want to see them again. I just want them to leave me alone.

I blast the radio and sigh at the time. It's now 3:23pm, and I have to meet Jake at 5:00pm.

Alone.

My whole body shivered at the thought of meeting him again. I don't want to repeat what happened in high school. Even though the boys and I are in a fight right now, doesn't mean I want Jake to tell them what happened to Alex. Ever.

Once I reach home, I sluggishly walk to my front door and gently close it behind me. Once I hear that the door has been fully closed, I drop to my knees and begin to cry my heart out.

"What's wrong with me!?" I asked myself.

"Why don't they like me?!" I sobbed.

"I thought we were friends." I mumbled as tears flooded my eyes and drained out onto my cheeks.

"But now I'm just...alone." I sniffed.

I crawled into a ball and continued to cry, letting out everything that I've been holding back. You know those really intense, ugly, cries? Well, I did that; but I felt worse. I felt no worth, and I would've never expected it to be, because of Ethan and Grayson.

My heart throbs, and aches. I can't do this anymore. I just feel so tired, like I've ran a marathon. I feel exhausted. I can't. I just can't.

I slowly get up, trying not to fall back into the same position. I drag myself upstairs and change into some pajamas. I flopped on my bed and sighed. My thoughts, drowning out any happiness that lurked inside of me; as if, it were being hunted down.

I heard the loudest knock on my door, that made me jump. I annoyingly sighed and rushed downstairs to make it stop. Once I opened the door, I was surprised to see a crying Grayson.

Right when we made eye contact, he burst into my house and grabbed me by my waistline. Then, he kicked the door closed, and pulled me into a long hug. It was the most loving hug I've ever received.

His arms were tightly wrapped around my body and my face was completely buried into his chest. I could smell a slight sent of cologne mixed with his car freshener. His body against mine, felt relaxing and I melted in his arms.

Suddenly, I heard him sniff and could feel the way his back jerked up and down, every time he caught his breath. I knew this was an apology hug. I could just feel it. I know it'll take some time to completely forgive them, but I'm sure the wait will be worth it. In the mean time, I'll just enjoy this heart felt hug.

Because nobody wants to feel alone.