Chapter 5

Following Mark and Jackson into the school, both Youngjae and I walked behind them.

Youngjae was in his human form and seemed to walk normally on two feet. The only problem for him was wearing clothes.

"How can you guys wear these clothes?" Youngjae gingerly touched his tie.

Mark shrugged. "You'll get used to it."

Youngjae shuddered and held onto his backpack straps.

We walked into the building, flooded with students walking down the halls and the stairs. There was these boxes that we could use to leave our belongings in. Jackson and Mark were already placing their things in these boxes.

Youngjae and I followed what they were doing and put our things in a box.

"Guys, wait," said Mark. "You have to get a locker."

"A locker??" we said in unison.

Jackson grabbed our bags out and handed it back. "You need to get an assigned locker –these box thingys– because you might take someone else's locker."

The two of us nodded, still confused.

Mark and Jackson closed their lockers and walked down the hall, the two of us behind them.

A group of girls walked down the hall, boys staring at them in awe. One girl in particular, with black, long, silky hair, gave a warm smile to Jackson and Mark.

"Hey Mark! Hey Jackson!"

Another girl, her hair in a small bun waved frantically at them as well. "Hi!!"

Jackson and Mark waved, giving a warm smile back. Boys in the halls seemed to envied that the two girls said hi to them. They gave glares at Jackson and Mark as the girls walked away. The long haired girl laughed loudly as she listened to the girl beside her tell a joke.

"Who is she?" I muttered as we walked down the hall.

"Who?" Jackson asked. "Ohh, that's Hyeon. She's really nice." Jackson gave a wide grin. "Hyeon's really smart but she's funny. She isn't that girly which I guess makes all the boys like her. And boy, she's an awesome dancer. The girls she hangs out with are also popular as well."

Mark stared at Jackson without him noticing. It was obvious Mark was fond of Jackson. His eyes squinted into slits when Hyeon's name was said.

"Do you have a crush on her~?" Youngjae smirked at Jackson.

Jackson looked shocked and blushed. "N-no, I like someone else."

Mark averted his gaze and had an expression of relief on his face.

Jackson and Mark helped me and Youngjae to our classes. My first class was history and thankfully Youngjae had the same class. Mark and Jackson said bye and went to their classes.

The two of us walked into the classroom and sat in the two empty seats in the middle row, close to the windows. Youngjae darted his eyes around the classroom, afraid of all the students. He'd flinch as a student walked pass him, or came close to him.

I leaned towards him, patting his back. "Don't worry, they don't bite." I smiled.

He looked vivid, his nostrils flaring. As an otter, this is what he does when he's angry. "I'm not scared." he protested, crossing his arms.

"Class! Settle down!" the teacher announced.

Youngjae flinched and slightly jumped in his chair. I chuckled as he glared at me.