Chapter 22

"HELL YES! IT'S THE END OF THE SEMESTER AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?"

Youngjae and I shrugged.

Jackson blinked. "It means we get to go on break."

"Ohhhh." We both nodded.

"So that means... NO SCHOOL!" Jackson jumped happily down the hallway of the school building, his bag moving with him.

"When we go on break, we're going to move up a year." Mark said to me.

"I'm not sure if I'm going to go to school next year..." I replied.

Mark nodded, knowing why I might not be able to attend school again.

"Today's the last day~~!" Jackson hummed with joy.

"But there's graduation ceremony so we have to sit and watch that..." Mark sighed.

"Graduation? Like a celebration?" Youngjae titled his head.

Jackson nodded. "Since the upper classmates are graduating high school, there's a special ceremony for them since its their last year here."

"We got one more year until we leave this place." Mark said with longing.

"So will you guys just live on land for the rest of your lives?" I asked Mark and Jackson.

Both of them shrugged.

"We're still helping out Halmonee at the Motel," replied Jackson, "Both of us have a part time jobs. For now, we're just trying to get by and see how it goes."

I still needed to talk to Jae Bum about our future... After I took Jae Bum in the ocean, we just swam and explored everywhere. I didn't get to talk to him at all about what we were going to do.

I still had some worries.....

"Jinyoung, how long are you going to stay on land?" Youngjae asked me.

I didn't reply. I really didn't know...

He nodded, holding my hand in comfort.

I gave a small smile, "Thanks Youngjae."

"C'mon! The ceremony is going to start soon!!" Jackson beckoned Youngjae and I to follow him and Mark.

***

Once as the ceremony was over, it was almost towards the ending of the school day. We had lunch, and our classes were very easy going. We played games, and talked with one other.

"You want to play 52 pick up?" I asked Youngjae. "Jackson taught me how."

He grinned. "Sure! How do you play?"

I grabbed the deck of cards from Mark and shuffled it. Youngjae watched me eagerly as I held the cards in one hand. I let all of the cards fly everywhere around Youngjae.

Youngjae flinched as the cards hit him.

"Now, you pick it up!" I covered my mouth and laughed.

Mark and Jackson were laughing too.

The otter was glaring at me, his nostrils flared widely.

"THIS IS A STUPID GAME!!"

"Pick all of it up! All 52!" Jackson said between laughs.