Chapter 16

Sorry for such a late update!!

I got sick not too long ago because where I am it's freezing cold and all of my friends are sick 😑. But anyways here's a short update for now!!

"I'm a prince?"

Youngjae nodded. "When you were two, I found you in a small crevice covered in seaweed and coral. I was confused why someone would do that, but now everything adds up..... I had no idea that you were the prince... Only now I realized how special that necklace is, and what Hyeon is trying to do."

"What is she trying to do?" I asked.

"She's trying to take over the ocean."

I furrowed my brows. "That's... Impossible. How would she do that?"

"That necklace of yours, is capable of ruling the sea. The king or queen wears that necklace to control the currents of the ocean, life and so many other things. It's the pearl that's inside that gives you special powers. But your mom was gifted without the necklace. It made her gift stronger. If she's capable of doing those feats, I bet you could too." Youngjae looked at me, but I was lost for words.

There was a pregnant pause before I started asked questions.

"She captured me... To get my necklace, because her main goal is to rule the sea??"

He nodded.

"We need to get it back–"

Thunder suddenly struck from outside. Youngjae and I looked at each other and slightly jumped.

"How will we get my necklace?" I continued.

Youngjae crossed his arms. Louder booms came from outside. "I'm not sure... Hyeon must be in the ocean right now.... Heck, she can be anywhere."

Loud rain had begun and it added to the thunder.

"Didn't you say the others were swimming?" I asked.

Youngjae's eyes widened. "I totally forgot."

Suddenly, someone was banging on the door outside. We went into the living room and opened the door to see a soaking wet Mark.

He stumbled inside and fell onto me. Mark grabbed my shirt and stood back up. He was panting heavily, "Hyeon... Ocean... They... Took them..."

"Hyeon took them?! Where?" I asked.

"They took Jackson and Jaebum under the ocean."

Thunder struck down again.

"Rain stormed down on us and we were taken into the ocean with huge waves... Bigger than any normal one..... Then, all I remember is Jackson and Jaebum getting taken by these monsters... I couldn't do anything because I was pushed back onto shore....."

Youngjae gasped. "Hyeon is using your necklace."

"We have to get Jaebum back." I said and stepped out of the room, but Mark stopped me.

He shook his head. "It's dangerous, you won't stand a chance."

"We have to try! Jaebum can drown!!"

"What if this is bait?" Youngjae asked.

"I'm going anyways." I persisted. "We need to save them!"

Without giving any time for Mark and Youngjae to protest, I bolted out the door, out of the Motel and into the stormy and thunderous shores.

In the far distance was the source of all of the madness. There was a massive hurricane growing in size over the ocean.

I dived into the sea and headed towards the center.