The New Job That Can Pay Rent

Lucy's Pov

I am sitting at a table in the guild hall. It doesn't look like it will last much longer with Natsu and Grey fighting. I should move, maybe get out of the building before the chaoes erupts.

Instead, I sigh and watch the two dummies. Where is Erza when you need her?

"What do you two think you are doing?" And there she is.

The two boys gulp in fear. Serves them right.

"We are best friends, doing what best friends do!" Grey's voice shakes, hoping she'll believe it.

"Aye!" Natsu sounds like happy.

Happy flies above us, his small paws covering his mouth. I know what that means, "they're not best friends. They're in love!" He snickers.

"No way!" The two say in sync.

"How can you say something like that happy?" Natsu yells out.

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to be funny."

"I think i'm going to hurl!"

"What? Why?" Happy panics, "the guild isn't moving is it?"

"Thats impossible," i comment, "I feel nothing."

"No just the thought of that ice freak...."

"What did you say?!" The ice freak grabs him by the collar.

Softly I could hear two words from somewhere in the guild between all the noise.

"Love rival..."

The table shakes under my arms. I look over quickly in shock.

Erza punched the table, "Sit, you two! We have a new job we need to discuss. The Master wants us for the job. So shut up and be quiet."

"Yes, ma'am," Natsu and Grey reply as they sit.

"It's an S Class Mission," she begins, "we are to go to a Island called Paradis.

That got my attention, I've never heard of it and i have no idea how.

Natsu's face is stuffed from food. Wait, when did he get that?

"Paradise?" He questions.

Erza crosses her arms and closes her eyes, "no, Paradis."

"Sounds like fun! Its an island, so there has to be beaches and swimming and all the fish we can eat."

"Fish! Im in!" Of course happy is after hearing that.

"You idiot, I'm sure we arent going there to have fun," Grey points out.

"You're exactly right, Grey," Erza continues, "I was told the people who live there, survive behind walls. Keeping some sort of giants out. One wall has been breached. A man called Erwin Smith is begging for any outside help."

"Giants?" Now its my turn to gulp. From the sounds of it, these giants dont sound like the good type.

------

"Island means boat... boat means moving.... on water...." Natsu groans in pain, hanging over the boat railing.

"So pathetic," Grey complains.

Natsu has been non stop, puking his guts out and Wendy's spell cant work if she is sick too.

I look up at the sky, trying to distract myself from Natsu and the really bad feeling of this job. I can't shake it and some reason it makes me terrified for my friends.

It is getting dark, just a very last bit of sunlight shines over the horizon.

Erza stands up suddenly and i follow her. The sound is loud. I dont know where it is coming from until i see something emerge from the clouds.

What is that? It reminds me of Blue Pegasus's Christina, floating thtough the sky.

Then it drops something. I run to Natsu. He cant move fast enough. The bad feeling i got, is on overdrive now.

Natsu turns towards me, reaching out his hand. He yells for me. My fingertips brush against his but, I'm pushed away from him.

I screams as a bright light consumes the ship. I hear wood snapping, water crashing against us.

I must've hit the water, because something wet and cold fills my lungs. I gasp for air but there is none. Im drowning! Where is everyone? Natsu?

I dare open my eyes, I see blood mixing with the oceans water. I touch my ear, they hurt.

I have to swim. I pull out Aquarius key and call to her. I get no response.

Finally my head reaches the surface. I gasp and my throat aches. I see a near by piece of wood. It seems sturdy enough against the water.

I look around me, trying to find my friends but, all i find is debris.

My eyes are heavy. I dont want to close them but, they don't listen. Everything turns black.

-------

Warmth, it must be the sun. I let my eyes adjust, as i grab a handful on sand. Wait. Sand!

I stand up and that was a mistake. My head is dizzy and i fall back down on my knees.

Where am I?

I can feel my eyes widen when i recall last night. I look around me, turning my head to fast but, i cant help it. Im afraid. I have no idea where i am and wjere my friends are. They better be okay.

I can't help but, cry as more memoiries come flooding in. The thing in the clouds, what they dropped, the light, the loud bang following afterwards, the ship in ruins, scattered across the ocean. Being pulled apart by the waves.

I have to find Natsu and them.

I can finally stand, still a little dizzy but nonetheless. I take a step and walk across the beach and i walk for i dont know how long. I finally find a patch of woods. I can get some shade for a little while.

I rest against a tree. I wish i had some water, im parched. My throat still raw.

I hear a thud and i lift my head from the tree, trying to find the source of the sound. It happens again and again and again. My heart rates quickens. It sounds like its getting closer.

Then i see it and i remember what Erza said about the mission. That there was giants. I must be on Paradis because I see one running straight for me.