Action

Levi is there to greet everyone with his famous constant expression. I try my best to fit in, like i know what I'm doing. Eren is a big help.

We stand next to one another, waiting for intruction.

"Now we have a new cadet with us today," he motions for me to step forward.

"I'm Lucy, it is nice to meet you all," i smile warmly at everyone.

I was about to step back until Levi calls for me again.

"Whats up?" I ask.

He growls at my words of choice. Oops.

"We are going to test if you are able to use 3d manuever gear," he motions towards where i need to be so, i do. I'll admit I'm nervous. Im not sure ill be able to do what they do.

Hes hooks me in, "ready?"

I gulp, my eyes skim over my audience then to Levi. I nod, feeling some sort of bravery.

They crank until i'm off the ground. I need to find balance. I wiggle quite a bit, probably looking like a fool in front of all these people but, im okay as long as I dont fall.

Then I'm still. I give Levi a look at me smile. Im doing it! I really am! Yes!

I throw my fist in the air as everyone cheers. That movement though was a big mistake. I lost my balance and i fall face first into the dirt.

"Ouch..." I mumble, my cheek pressed agaisnt the ground.

I hear some quiet laughter. I dont think I've ever been more embarressed. Tears start to form, then I'm picked up off the groumd and in Levi's arms.

"You got too cocky," he just says.

"Yeah..." i admit.

"I think if you want to learn these things quickly. I need to be the one to train you."

I smile at him, "that sounds good," or does it? Am i going to regret this?

Levi commands everyone to pick a partner for combat training and states to everyone that I already have a partner.

Now its him and I across from each other, our stances ready.

"You'll go easy on me right?" I say nervously

"If i did, you wouldnt learn anything."

Gulp, "oh..." i just need to imagine that he is an enemy who is threatening my friends lives. I have to win!

Levi throws the first punch, aiming for my stomach. I barely even dodge it. Hes so fast!

My legs shake already, my mind telling me to run but, im sick of running. Ill never improve as a fighter or wizard if i do. I want to match my friends. I want to match Levi.

I run towards him, my fist aiming for his face. I feel like its a little harsh but, i guess this can be pay back for all the rude things he has said to me.

He dodges and the direction he does, my leg is waiting, hitting him in the ribs. He grips his side and from the look in his eyes, hes proud of that attack.

I can hear the rest of the cadets gather around to watch. Appartently no one has ever been able to land a hit on him.

I cant let ego get the best of me this time. I need to concentrate.

I block one of his kicks with my forearms, making them ache. It takes everything i have to not cry out.

I think I'll have to use my special attack but, i need to distract him. I pull out my whip and crack it towards him. He dodges, i knew he would now, its my chance.