Paradis

Lucy's Pov

"Open gate of the Archer! Sagittarius!" I call out, the key in my hand. There is no light, no sound of any gate opening.

Is this what it was like on Edolas? I have no magic power. I cant call out my spirits. That is probably what happening in the ocean when i called for Aquarius. I guess she wasnt just ignoring me.

I didnt think a non magicless world existed on Earthland.

But, i really have a problem now. If the giant catches up to me, what will it do?

I should probably run for starters. My head is pounding as i speed up. Im not sure if its from hitting my head on something during the ship exploding or my damaged ears or just a lack of food or water.

I realize i cant out run and my head is starting to feel unbearable.

I look back at them, they kind of remind me of Cana getting drunker than normal with the way they ran.

Something hits me then and i let out a oomph. My feet are lifted off the ground. Im soaring through the trees. Whatever had me is warm. It isn't Natsu though, like I hoped but, im glad I was saved.

We land on a branch and i finally get to look at my savior.

"Idiot, what were you doing on the ground?" Then he looks me up and down, "you're not one of us." He states.

The man in front of me, isnt much taller than me but, he is handsome. Strands of his dark hair fall in front of his eyes. There wasn't much emotion in them. He actually looks bored and has a bad case of dark circles. Does he sleep?

He has some weird looking boxes made of metal laying against his thighs and two blades in his hands. He is wearing some sort of uniform, an emblem with wings on it. He's part of a guild?

I think I've just been staring at him for way too long because, he tch'ed at me. That is a little rude.

I shake my head, to get back to reality but, that was a big mistake. Im dizzy again and im about to fall.

The stranger grabs my shoulders, "are you okay? Do you need to take a shit or something?"

I cant help but, blush with embarressment from that question. What is his deal?

"Is that a way to talk to a girl?" I pout, bringing myself out of his grasp.

He looks at me harshly, "I've never seen you before. You're not a cadet."

"I'm not from here," i begin to explain, "listen, we need to go the beach. Its not too far from there. My friends are missing. Our ship was attacked last night."

His eyes widen like I'm someone who belongs in the looney bin, "are you saying you walked all the way from however far the ocean is from here? If you've got caught by a titan, you'd be titan shit by now. How the hell did you avoid them?"

I just shrug, "luck i guess."

"Tch."

"Where am I?" I ask

"You are in what used to be Wall Maria," he answers plainly, then says, "I'm going to take you to Commander Erwin. He'll figure out what to do with you and your friends."

The name clicks in my mind, "Erwin Smith you mean?"

He stares at me hard, "you're not from here but, you know his name? Aren't you just a mystery," he moves away from me, "looks like I'm going to have to carry you."

"Huh? What do you mean? I can climb down a tree."

"Tch, you think you can jsut climb down these big ass trees? Look down, brat."

I do look down and he's right these are some 'big ass trees.'

"You're not going to murder me right?" I felt like i should ask as hes a stranger and everything.

"If you keep on by not following orders maybe," he glares. His arms are open though.

"I forgot to introduce myself," i smile kindly, "My name is Lucy."

"Tch, Levi. Now get over here already."

So much for talking like a gentlemen. I let him pick me up though and just like before, im soaring through the trees. I notice its possible through the items he has on him.

I have so many quesions about this world already. It is so strange.

Im reminded of my parched throat, "Levi, do you have water?"

He stops at another branch, unclips something off him and hands me a bottle, "dont drink it all."

I thank him and take a huge gulp and a few more after that. I feel so much better now.

"Here," and Levi throws something to me.

I catch it and look at it suspiciously. Ive never seen anything like it before.

"Eat it."

It was definitely not the best tasting thing in the world but, it sure did help.

After I finish, we leave again. I notice how good he smells. Like pine and cleaning products. An odd mix but, i liked it.