Kiss

Levi Pov

I replay the scene from last night in my head over and over, it distracts me from the fear of Lucy going to Paradis with me. She got me to say yes no matter how many times i said no. What was i supposed to do when she told me her feelings?

She promised me she wont die but, that is a shitty thing to promise. Anything can happen out there. What a brat...

I feel her warm arms wrap around me, her head resting on my shoulders. I tense up from all these strange feelings. I've never let anyone really hug me before. Usually id just push them away or kick them. Kicking worked the best.

The thing was I want to be hugged by Lucy. Its comforting and part of me thinks maybe i should hug her back.

I turn in her arms to face her, resting my hands on her waist. I pull her closer and like it was second nature, my body knew more than i thought i did and I hug her tightly.

I close my eyes and sigh. This feels nice, strange but, nice.

Then before i could stop myself, I kiss her neck. I hear her gasp, her grip tighting on me.

"Levi..." Lucy whispers, sounding breathless for some reason.

I pull away from her and the big brown eyes are already looking into mine.

"I'm..." i begin.

She puts a finger to my lips, "don't say it. Its too unlike you," she winks.

Her lips are on mine, soft and hungry. She has a hold of my cravat, pulling me closer to her. She better not rip it.

Lucy gives me a push as she laughs. I land on the bed as she hovers over me.

"I got to say, it's fun pushing you around for once," she says.

"Tch, do you know how many things I've done for you? I think i let you this entire time. I'm here anyways."

Worry crosses her face, "are you happy?"

I rest my hand on her head, bringing her down to my face, "of course i am, brat. I never want to leave."

"Have you ever been in love before?"

Great, an embarressing personal question, "no."

"Oh, i thought you might've. That girl in your squad... it seemed that way....."

I sigh, "it wasnt like that."

"Im sure you've kissed someone before."

Damn it, my face is heating up. I dont want to talk about this, "you are... my first...." she might think I'm lame now.

From the look on her face, she is really shocked then her eyes soften as she grabs my hand, "you're mine too. I am surprised though. You're a total catch."

"I dont think clean freak is really a catch. I know what everyone calls me."

"I think it is. Its one of your fun quirks."

I raise my eyebrow, "is that so?"

"Also, your poops jokes, that you can be quite the grouch, the way you hold your tea cup, how you speak and say shitty a lot. The names you call people. I think big ass trees is my favorite though."

"Big ass trees," i say to humor her, causing her to giggle.

I push Lucy off of me laying her down next to me. Her face only inches from mine, "what about you? Why haven't you been caught yet?"

She shrugs, "i just never found the right one before."

"Not Natsu?"

Lucy blushes hard, "no way! Why does everyone ask that? We are just best friends. He was the one who brought me to the guild and helped me with my first job. Fairy tail was my dream guild before. I'd read sorceror weekly to find out everything i could. It couldve never prepared me though. My first day was insane."

"Yeah, they seem like an energetic bunch."

"Yeah, day in and day out. Especially Natsu, he never slows down."

I notice my confusion then. She wasnt in love with Natsu, she admired him. I wonder why exactly. He seemed loud, obnoxious, and not very smart. Good battle skills though.

I shift my body a bit by moving my arm and i touch her hair. Its beautiful and soft. Glowing in the moonlight.

Ive never seen anything like her. She defiently seems other worldly. She doesnt fit into my life, my world but, instead of knocking, she barged right in and made herself at home.

I remember seeing her out in the forest, chased by that titan. At that moment, i never would of thought, she'd mean something to me. Back then she looked like just some naive, barely dressed, idiot. I noticed how beautiful she is, I'm not blind.

Now, as I see her, she's not just that. She's stronge, brave, smart, creative, funny, and most of all kind but she stands up for herself and her comrades. She is even standing up for the people of paradis and she has no real reason to. No one expects her to.

I never thought i'd kiss someone. Never thought i'd care for someone in this way. Because of my past, it scares me. It feels like it could kill me, but laying next to Lucy, she radiates hope and i realize love could also save me.

"I want to take a job with you tomorrow," I dare to ask. I hope she knows what i mean. For it to just be us.

Lucy's eyes are on mine and I somehow feel she can see right through me. Staring right into my soul.