Meeting the Man in Charge

It is such a weird feeling being in the arms of some stranger. I feel like im doing most of the talking as he just stares ahead of him not saying a single word.

He just met me and i think he hates me? How can someone be such a grouch? He keeps tch'ing me too!

There is loud sound suddenly, more like a roar, laced with pain and anger. What was that? It that one of those giants?

I hear Levi mutter something. Almlst like a string of curses.

"Erwin should be close. I'll drop you off then be on my way to that sound you just heard," he explains.

I nod, "is it one of the giants?"

He doesn't respond but, i can tell something is weighing on his mind. He seems rushed now.

Finally, i see other people. There is carriages with horses hitched to them. I notice something wrapped up in cloth. I didnt want to realize what they were but, it was too late.

Levi sets me down gently and walks into the  groups of people. I follow him but, for someone with short legs, he sure walks fast. I have trouble keeping up.

"Erwin," Levi calls out.

A blonde man with big eyebrows attention is grabbed away from the circle of people around him. Looks like they are talking some sort of stradegy.

"Levi, i thought you would be out finding Eren by now. That noise from the woods didnt sound good. Think it's him?" The man named Erwin asks.

He is acting way to serious. Actually as i look around me, everyone is that way. I feel a heavy burden too. I assume because of what was wrapped in the cloth.

Levi says quickly, "probably. I found this brat walking around on the ground in the woods. She claims she is not from here," and with that he is gone.

Erwin attention is towards me now, "not from around here? I can believe that by your choice of clothes."

I step up, "you're Erwin Smith right? You sent out a job request to help with the giants, i mean titans?"

His eyes widen, "so it did reach out to another country. Where are you from?"

"From the Kingdom of Fiore. I'm in a guild called Fairytail. My name is Lucy."

"Fiore.... guild.... fairytail.... there is a lot of questions i want to ask you but, it is nice to meet you Lucy. Were you just sent here?" Now he actually has manners.

I frown, "about that, i came with some friends but, we got attacked out on our boat in the middle of the ocean. I passed out before i could try and find them. Have you heard or seen anyone else you dont know? One has salmon colored hair with a flying blue cat."

He took me serious until i said flying blue cat. I know its odd but, is there really no magic here?

"Im sorry, i have not. You must come from a strange place to have flying blue cats."

I laugh a little, "actually he came from another world called Edolas. There was a lot of his kind there but, they had to move down to earthland. I wonder how they are doing...." i trail off. Thinking of that adventure.

Then i add, "i need to find my friends. Can you take me around the beach?"

"Im sorry Lucy but, we just can't make it that far out. The titans... we've already lost to many."

The bodies in cloth getting loaded on the wagons. The titans did that? They.... killed them? What kind of terrible place is this? Is that why they live in walls? The fear and sorrow mustve been evident on my face.

"You get it now?" He asks.

I can only nod. I feel like im about to cry. I want to help these people. I wonder if they've ever seen the ocean before.

-------

I told Erwin about the country i come from. That it has magic. That im a wizard and call out spirits. Im not sure if he believes me exactly but, he was rude in any way. Just simply curious.

Then Levi is there and he walks towards us with a limp. What happened?

"Eren is resting," he tells Erwin.

I wonder who this Eren person is and why he is so special.

"And the female titan?" Erwin questions.

"I had to take her down. She is not dead but, she tried to take Eren by holding him in her mouth."

"Interesting and your squad?"

Something changes in Levi's expression. He still looked bored and uninterested but, the way his eyes darkened.

He looks at me then and his eyes hold mine until he blinks and turns away without saying a single word more.

There is a weight on my chest. I feel it in my heart. His squad.... they must've died. He was late getting to them because he was taking care of me...

I have to catch up to him. I dont know what im going to say. Im sorry doesnt cut it.

I leave Erwin behind and follow. I can't find him for the longest while until i see his back. He is crounched down by some bodies.

He removes some cloth and pulls out a knife. I wonder what he is doing. I get a little closer. I don't know why im so interested in this man.

I notice the winged emblem that i see everyone here wearing, in his hand. He mustve cut it off whoever's body that is. Must be his squad.

He clutches to it tightly, then stands. He mustve felt my eyes on him because he looks at me.

"What do you want brat?" He asks as he stuffs that emblem in his pocket.

I cant look at him anymore, my eyes drop to my feet, "its my fault. I'm sorry."

"Tch, stupid brat."

I gasp, he does blame me but, then he does something unexpected. He rests his hand on my shoulder, looks into my eyes. I notice his are silver with the sunlight shining down.

He sqeezes but, it is gentle and reassuring. He doesnt blame me and it like hes telling me not to blame myself either.

Levi walks off and hops on a dark horse, "come on," he says, motioning for me tl join him.

I bring myself up on his horse and it trots off right after. To keep my balance, I rest my hands on his waist and I'm happy he doesn't seem to mind.