Dear Sherlock - Letters for Lovers Part 2

My Dear Sherlock.

I'm glad you wrote me. I was starting to get worried. Now, lets set some things straight. I did not have a 'strange release of anger'. I was hurt and upset. Even you understand those feelings. If I faked my death, left for two years and then decided to spring up one day saying 'SURPRISE!' I think you'd have acted the same way as I.

I understand that staying with Mycroft would be hellish. God, I actually feel sorry for you...so come back. Please, I miss you. Two years you were gone...two bloody years. Please Sherlock. Come home, blow up the kitchen, shoot walls and demean me because I have missed you so incredibly much.

I now understand why you had to fake it. However, I still can't believe you risked your life to save us. To save me. But, in all honesty, this wasn't the only time you have saved me. You've been saving me from the very moment we met, and I can't thank you enough.  

I'm not going to lie to you; what you did caused me a lot of pain, but I forgive you.

I don't know what to say. I really don't because I didn't know that you had heard me. I had, at the time, hoped that no one had heard me. But now I'm glad you had heard me. The thing is, I need you. I need you here with me. 

I am trying not to cry whilst writing this, because I simply cannot believe that you, Sherlock Holmes, love me. What have I ever done to deserve your love? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I'm not pleased, because oh my God, I have never felt so happy. After you were gone, I thought I'd never be happy again. But your letter...your letter has made me the happiest man alive. 

I love you Sherlock. I love you so much. Always have, always will. Behind your cold exterior, you're so incredibly sweet. Come on, who else would delete their knowledge of the Solar System to replace it with knowledge of a person they care about? No one! Only you would do that! If I had a mind palace, I would delete everything to fill it up with knowledge about you. But as I have a 'placid, boring and hardly used' brain, I forget everything when I'm around you. 

You're right, you are a rediculous man, but then again so am I. That's the way we work. 

I'm glad you love me, because I love you too. 

Yours always,

John