nine

emily | levi

Hey, Levi.

Hey, Emily. Is something up?

No, not really. I'm just super bored and need someone to talk to.

You realize this is a help line, and my job is to provide support to people and help them, right?

If it makes you feel better, you're helping me by making me feel less bored.

Alright, that's the excuse I'll use if my boss ever finds out about our conversations.

How did you even find out about this job?

I saw an ad on craigslist and thought "what the hell".

Hm. Sounds legit.

Very.

Anyways, what should we talk about?

Anything you want to talk about, love.

This again?

It's a bad habit of mine, I'll admit.

Can I ask you something?

Go ahead.

Have you reached out to someone yet?

That's partly the reason why I called you. I can't decide yet if I should confide in my best friend, my parents, or a counselor.

I'm just glad you're thinking about it, Emily. I'm very proud of you.

I haven't done anything yet.

I know. But you're willing to take the first step and it's making me feel so happy for you, if I'm being honest. As cheesy as that sounds.

Oh, stop. You're warming up my cold, black heart.

We definitely can't have that.

Definitely not.

Let's play twenty questions. I'll go first. Dogs or cats?

Dogs.

Good answer.

My turn. Favorite color?

Blue. What about you?

Red.

What's the craziest thing you've ever done?

I was once dared by my friends to go inside a Chili's, stand up on a table, and shout "my pussy hurts so bad".

Oh my gosh, did you actually do it?

Yup. I got 10 bucks out of it. No regrets.

You're absolutely insane.

But you love it.

Whatever.

Ahah, I caught you there.

Shut up, and ask the next question.

Trying to move along the conversation, I see. But if you say so. Have you ever done something illegal?

Are you trying to collect information to rat me out to the police?

Maybe. Maybe not. But you'll never know, will you?

Well, too bad for you, because I've never done anything illegal in my life.

I don't believe that. You can't be a goody two shoes.

Well you better start believing it because it's the truth.

I call bullshit.

Psh, okay.

...Not to damper the mood, but can I ask you a slightly personal question?

Hm, depends on the question. What do you want to know?

How was it for you when you started getting help for...your depression and self harm?

Well, it wasn't pleasant. It wasn't my choice to get help.

Seriously?

I know, surprising, considering how adamant I'm being on you getting help. The only reason I got help in the first place was because my mom walked in on me bleeding out. After taking me to the hospital, she and my dad had me talk to a therapist. I was angry at the time. I had been trying to kill myself. But now, I'm glad my parents forced me to get help.

...Wow. That's an eventful story.

I guess it is. But anyways, don't worry too much. Once you're sitting down with a person you're comfortable with, you'll be able to talk easily to them.

I hope so.

Um, Levi...I just want you to know that if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here.

Thanks for the offer, Emily, but you've got enough to worry about.

I'm serious. I'll be here for you if you ever need someone to talk to. You're helping me, so this is the least I can do.

I appreciate it. But I want you to get help first, okay?

...Just remember my offer, okay?

I will.

Hey, it's late where I am, and I've got a morning class. I'm gonna call it a night. Talk to you soon?

Yeah. Talk to you soon. Night, Levi.

Night, Emily.

[call ended]

Uhhh, so I haven't updated in a while sorryyyyy. Here's an extra long chapter for you all <3