thirteen

emily | phoebe

Hey, Em. Alright, I need you to say yes to this because I do not want to die of boredom.

What's happening?

Alright, so my parents want Michael and I to meet with them at some restaurant in town for his birthday. And they're letting him bring his friend from high school who goes to our university. So basically, please come with me to the restaurant so I have someone to talk to.

Am I even allowed to?

Yes! My parents love you, Em, they'll be fine with it. And anyways, you don't have anything planned for the weekend, do you?

Only sleep, which I'm lacking.

So, nothing planned. Pleasssee, come with me to the dinner. Michael and his friend will be so damn obnoxious, I'll need you to keep me sane.

I don't know. I mean, this is celebrating your brother's birthday. I'd feel like I'm intruding, especially since your parents are coming from Arizona to celebrate his birthday.

They'll be fine with it. They told Michael to bring anyone he wants to, and they told me the same. Please, Em, I need you.

I don't know, Phoebe.

Please! I have no one else I'm comfortable asking. And I'm not going to stop asking until I get a yes, by the way.

Ugh...fine, I guess.

Yes! I love you. Okay, so on Saturday, Michael will pick us up  at 7 and drive us to the restaurant. So be ready by then. And no cancelling on me last minute, okay?

You know me too well. Fine, I'll be ready by then.

Great! See you then, Em!

[call ended]

So after this chapter, all future chapters will be written as an actual narrative (a.k.a. shit is going to go down)