I.

Ash's POV

Hi there. My name is Ash Ketchum. I'm currently moving to Kalos from Kanto to study abroad. The place I'm moving to is a small town called Vaniville Town. I don't know much about it, but it looks like a really nice place based off of what I've seen on the advertisement.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, your plane is approaching the airport." Comes over the intercom. After the plane lands, I collect my things and begin to walk out of the plane.

After glancing around the airport and buying a snack from the vending machine, I leave the airport with all my luggage. I pull out my phone and call a cab to drive me to my house. After waiting a few minutes, my cab pulls up, ready for me to get in.

"Where to?" The driver asks.

"Vaniville Town, please." I reply.

The driver shifts into gear and starts the trip to Vaniville Town.

~~~~~~~~~~

After I arrive in Vaniville Town, I direct the taxi driver to my new house and he pulls in the driveway. I pay the driver and thank him after I collect my things from his car and wave to him as he pulls out and drives away.

After I take the luggage inside the house, I decide to go for a walk to learn the area. I put on my jacket and sneakers and exit the house. As I'm walking along the street, I look around at the beautiful scenery around me. Trees and grass blowing in the wind, birds flying around and birds chirping away in the distance, and the bright sun in the sky.

Suddenly out of nowhere, a girl bumps into me.

"Oh! I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going." Says the mysterious girl.

"It's okay. Don't worry about it. I'm Ash, by the way. I just moved here to Vaniville and I'm just taking a walk to learn the area." I say, extending my hand.

"Oh, you're the new person that's moving here?! Nice to meet you, I'm May." She says with a smile as she shakes my hand.

"Well, May, I suppose I should be going. I still have quite a way to walk yet." I say, letting out a sigh.

"Okay, Ash. It was nice meeting you!" She pulls out of her bag a small piece of paper and a pen and begins to write on it. "Here's my phone number. Just call if you need anything!" She says, handing me the small slip of paper.

"Will do," I say, accepting the paper. "Thanks again!" I say as I walk off and wave goodbye.

The people here seem nice, I think to myself as I continue to walk. After a couple hours of walking and memorizing the local area, I decide to walk back home and call it a day.

When I get home, I change into my sleepwear and climb into bed. My mind wanders as I drift off to sleep.

That "May" person was really nice. Next up comes my first day of school. Let's see how long this peaceful life lasts...

~~~~~~~~~~
Here's chapter 1 of my new book! Hope you enjoyed! Total word count: 519.